Become a QuitCore Facilitator
- Obtain a letter of support from your manager
- Attend a QuitCoreFacilitator training session.
- provide tools, strategies and skills to help participants quit smoking or using other forms of tobacco, and connect them with others who are also trying to quit
- offer QuitCore Group Program sessions at their own location or they can partner with existing QuitCore programs
- offer QuitCore Groups at various locations such as Primary Care Network Clinics, workplaces, community health centres, addiction and mental health clinics, libraries, etc
The Tobacco Reduction Program (TRP):
- offers QuitCore Facilitator Training for Health Professionals
- provides resources and outcome evaluation support
- provides provincial registration support through the AlbertaQuits Helpline (Healthlink)
- Is a free group tobacco cessation program
- Includes six sessions over six to nine weeks
- Is offered in communities around the province.
- Participants register by calling the AlbertaQuits Helpline, completing an online registration, or by fax referral from a health care professional
- Participants are also offered information on concurrent Alberta Quits cessation support through online support at AlbertaQuits.ca and telephone support through the AlbertaQuitsHelpline at 1‐866‐710‐7848(QUIT)