- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
- AlbertaQuits Presents the BABY STEPS HELP GUIDEA practical, hands-on manual for Health Providers who work with clients who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postpartum.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- M"I’ve been smoking for 43 years. I went to the doctors for the renewal of my license and she suggested “Alberta quits. This was because my blood pressure was through the roof and I was on medicine to bring..."
- ?"My dad quit smoking in 2007, after a bout of pneumonia landed him in the hospital for three days. It was a strange thing to see him there, looking small and frail in the ill-fitting blue gown they had given..."
- J"Yesterday I reached 30 Days Smoke Free! I was a smoker for 23 years and have tried to quit smoking many times, but this time I DECIDED to stop smoking rather than trying to quit. I am not sure how..."
- "6 years ago my older sister got breast cancer. I watched in horror all that she went thru including her having one breast removed, all the chemo etc etc etc and I was horrified needless to say. I'm next in..."
- "I am the essence of the serial quitter. But this time, I think it will stick. Instead of being in it for the long haul. I am in it one day at a time. It wasn't easy to quit. It..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.