- Let's do this togetherWhether you're ready to quit smoking, or just want to learn more about quitting, we have you covered.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience, and thousands of "graduates", AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free and the community is waiting. Join today and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- J"Yesterday I reached 30 Days Smoke Free! I was a smoker for 23 years and have tried to quit smoking many times, but this time I DECIDED to stop smoking rather than trying to quit. I am not sure how..."
- d"I smoked for 45 years and today I am 6 months without even a puff, I used champex, alberta quits and every smoking aid used by man, I still use the occational gum , but it is better than having..."
- "My Dr. Just told me I have high cholesterol, I have activated protein c resistance which my Dad had and he had 12 heart attacks, triple bypass and I seem to be following in his foot steps other than I..."
- J"Finally have become serious about quitting. Made plans I never did before. Have made feeble attempts before. But this time I’m arming myself with more support, aids (gonna use them properly this time by using them as per instructions instead..."
- ?"I started smoking in my teens, by age 30 I was a mom of two young boys, smoking a pack a day, desperate to quit so they would not start. I tried to quit at least 20 or 30 times...."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.