AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
- L"My parents had both quit before I was born, and smoking was always something they were against. When my brother turned 16 my mother started smoking again, and I remember crying! I was so upset and confused. I found it..."
- "Ok, so this is day 9 for me as a non smoker. This is the first time in 13 years i have ever tried to quit and i am succeeding and consider myself a non smoker. I owe it to..."
- ?"I first saw Barb Tarbox's story on Global TV a number of years ago while still living (and smoking) in Vancouver. Coincentally, at the time I was in the beginning stages of quitting - cold turkey - smoked for almost..."
- A"Okay....so, like many others I have tried to quit on many occasions....I have tried every "aid" out there, patch burned my skin, gum made me sick, Zyban made me coo coo, Champix didn't work, I even just recently tried that..."
- "Day 16 this is amazing! I started smoking at 11 & like many others it was the cool thing to do. All my family members smoked. Now 23 years later social standards have changed. Smokers are frowned upon in society...."
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.