- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience, and thousands of "graduates", AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free and the community is waiting. Join today and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- "My Dr. Just told me I have high cholesterol, I have activated protein c resistance which my Dad had and he had 12 heart attacks, triple bypass and I seem to be following in his foot steps other than I..."
- B"Hey, this is day 1. I'm taking Champix, for a week now. Real cravings have subsided, but I'm having trouble with "association" smoking. Having morning coffee, but worse, I'm on pain medication and have always smoked heavily on those bad..."
- D""Hello, my name is David xxx. I've been smoking now since I was 39 or 40 years of age, and, still now at age 55. I am here for another attempt to quit smoking tobacco and cigarettes. My quit date..."
- S"On April 23rd, 2018 my husband and I had our last cigarette. That day is significant to us now as that is the day my husband was diagnosed with an aggressive form of bladder cancer. He is 42 years old...."
- ?"I have been a non smoker for 3 years now and I got to tell you that I have not craved a cigarette more as I did when listening to your commercial that you are running about how great it..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.