- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- ?"Was hooked on nicotine (cigarettes) for 38 years . Got introduced to this program and Champix. It has a 44% success rate. However, Chantix is well known right now for its numerous side effects. These range from the very small,..."
- ?"My name is Fran and I quit smoking five months ago. After FORTY years of smoking three or four packs of cigarettes a day I heard about all the illnesses that was associated with smoking but I never thought it..."
- J"Today is my eight year anniversary of quitting. I smoked for 15 years and it took me 7 attempts to quit, but I finally did it. It is so much worth it. My wife says she can hardly remember me..."
- ?"We had moved in to our new place in 2011 and I realized the stairs were steep. My basement was my walk in from outside, so only laundry, storage, entertainment room downstairs and a bathroom, everything upstairs. Well after going..."
- ?"While walking my dog, I decided to run 40k on my fortieth birthday. Three months into training I made the biggest decision of my life, I know it has saved my life and empowered my girls to never start smoking...."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.