- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
- AlbertaQuits Presents the BABY STEPS HELP GUIDEA practical, hands-on manual for Health Providers who work with clients who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postpartum.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- m"I have been a smoker for 20 yrs or more. I am 46, married with 2 children Jake 12 and Ella 7. I have been using Champax for 3 weeks. I have tried Zibann but that was killing on the..."
- ?"I am mother of two I smoke occasionally. What made me decide to quit was because someone close to me died from smoking ..my dad. It was 2013 Christmas my dad told me he had cancer and it was smoking..."
- A"Aug.1 2015 l saw a commercial on tv offering help with smoking. Thought it was another company wanting to make money on my addiction but l wanted to quit smoking more than anything so thought what the heck. One of..."
- "I am the essence of the serial quitter. But this time, I think it will stick. Instead of being in it for the long haul. I am in it one day at a time. It wasn't easy to quit. It..."
- "For anyone who has any type of spiritual thinking in life this has really helped me. Over two years ago I made a commitment to my God that I would quit playing bingo. I have never played again - I..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.