- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
- AlbertaQuits Presents the BABY STEPS HELP GUIDEA practical, hands-on manual for Health Providers who work with clients who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postpartum.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- ?"I'm 48 years old and first started smoking when I was almost 14. I've quit a few times, the longest being 6 years and all by quitting cold turkey. When I started smoking again after quitting for 6 years (major..."
- A"Aug.1 2015 l saw a commercial on tv offering help with smoking. Thought it was another company wanting to make money on my addiction but l wanted to quit smoking more than anything so thought what the heck. One of..."
- L"Every pack comes with a little card, the same warnings as on the front/back of the pack. Well there is one card that has a quit date spot. I picked August 1st 2015 and failed! I then decided I would..."
- "For anyone who has any type of spiritual thinking in life this has really helped me. Over two years ago I made a commitment to my God that I would quit playing bingo. I have never played again - I..."
- "Ok, so this is day 9 for me as a non smoker. This is the first time in 13 years i have ever tried to quit and i am succeeding and consider myself a non smoker. I owe it to..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.