AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
- ?"I'm 48 years old and first started smoking when I was almost 14. I've quit a few times, the longest being 6 years and all by quitting cold turkey. When I started smoking again after quitting for 6 years (major..."
- ?"I thought it was cool and if I wanted to meet young ladies in the bar I needed to smoke so I started. It was not long when I was smoking a pack a day and it was part of..."
- ?"I quit smoking when I got pregnant with my daughter 23 years ago. I had tried quitting before, but this time I had a responsibility to another human being. This made it easier for me. If you are accountable to..."
- N"I decided that I want to quit smoking and this is the first day without cigarettes. I chose the decision because I have fibromyalgia and IBS. The cigarettes seems to be irritating it more. I also have grandchildren and want..."
- m"I had a rotten summer this year. I found I was unable to garden, or even go outside. The smoke in the air from the fires and my cigs, too much! I have been with the quit line for sometime..."
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.