AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
- "I quit smoking late Dec., 2011. I wish I had quit sooner. I have been diagnosed with moderately severe COPD this year. COPD is chronic lung disease with no cure, only medications to slow down the lung deterioration. Most people..."
- L"I quit last year on February 1 and lasted for 5-1/2 months. I used the patch for a few days then, but couldn't sleep, so I stopped that. I have been smoking for 45 plus years and that was the..."
- "Day 16 this is amazing! I started smoking at 11 & like many others it was the cool thing to do. All my family members smoked. Now 23 years later social standards have changed. Smokers are frowned upon in society...."
- S"I had quit on July 26. I quit for more than 1 reason, mainly to use the money that i used to buy smokes to get groceries in my house. I have 4 little hamsters to think of too,..."
- ?"I smoked a pack per day for more than 30 years and thoroughly enjoyed it the whole time. I'm slim, physically fit, have regular physical checkups that show my cholesterol to be lower than average, so the smoking won't negatively..."
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.