AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
- ?"I tried to quit 5 times. Now I'm doing it because a family member has a heart condition. And it's better for your health."
- ?"Until 32 days ago, I had smoked continuously for 18 years. I had unsuccessfully tried to quit before on 5 or 6 occasions, and had tried Zyban, Champix, the patch, the gum, the Easy Way book, various types of hypnosis,..."
- "Day 16 this is amazing! I started smoking at 11 & like many others it was the cool thing to do. All my family members smoked. Now 23 years later social standards have changed. Smokers are frowned upon in society...."
- ?"I started smoking in my teens, by age 30 I was a mom of two young boys, smoking a pack a day, desperate to quit so they would not start. I tried to quit at least 20 or 30 times...."
- E"I grew up around smokers. Started smoking when I was 15 .. around the year my aunty died of cancer from smoking. I could smoke on school grounds. I could buy smokes easily. I could smoke anywhere. I am 32.5..."
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.