- Let's do this togetherWhether you're ready to quit smoking, or just want to learn more about quitting, we have you covered.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience, and thousands of "graduates", AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free and the community is waiting. Join today and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- S"I have finally decided to try and quit again. I tried 4 yrs ago on champix and it worked until my ex showed up and he was smoking. I'm ready to do this as 1 it's expensive and 2 There..."
- "I must have tried to quit smoking dozens of times. I never thought that I would be doing as well as I am right now. I have tried almost every kind of medication out there but nothing seemed to work...."
- A"I didn't use any help from a drug or hypnotherapy. I didn't eat to fill the void I didn't get upset, or agitated. I didn't get mean or violent. I didn't obsess over smoking or take up vaping or chew..."
- ?"We had moved in to our new place in 2011 and I realized the stairs were steep. My basement was my walk in from outside, so only laundry, storage, entertainment room downstairs and a bathroom, everything upstairs. Well after going..."
- L"Every pack comes with a little card, the same warnings as on the front/back of the pack. Well there is one card that has a quit date spot. I picked August 1st 2015 and failed! I then decided I would..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.