• Author
  • Topic
m
m.m.
Quit 1,180 days ago

Emotional Regulation.

September 13, 2017
Report this post

A lifetime of habit of having a smoke any time anger or fear or frustration or hurt. I remember my mom offering me a smoke after a trauma at the age of fifteen. I did not know she knew I had started. We tried to hide it as a kid but our parents were not as dumb as we thought. I watched my sister talk back to mom once and when mom butted her smoke my sister did run. I watched my other sister start smoking two packs a day after her husband left her. She was so stressed that she wanted a smoke while she was having a smoke. If anxiety is the feeling when the nicotine drops and the brain needs the nicotine quicker when stress happens, it creates a loop. The payoff is short lived. That few seconds of relief that a puff used to give. I am still working on better ways to react to stress. Thankfully there are many better ways.

Sign in to reply
  • tman55
    Quit 1,310 days ago
    2 months ago #

Better ways indeed. Smoking did not ever do what I thought it was doing. I was an addicted fool!

• Carolyn
    Quit 4,271 days ago
    2 months ago #

Yes thankfully there are better ways - we just have to leave our comfort zone to discover them

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment