• Author
  • Topic
tman55
Quit 1,761 days ago

Saturday’s Pledge...

February 9, 2019
Report this post

Great 5 mile hike yesterday called the Windy Cave Trail. Much fun. Thought I would be stiff this morning but feel pretty good. Pickleball party this evening. Should be fun. Now if only the Leafs can beat the Habs tonight it will round out a perfect smoke free day. Who else thanks their lucky stars we wised up and beat the junkie???

Sign in to reply
  • Keener
    Quit 1,452 days ago
    1 week ago #

I won't be smoking, tman. Wind-chill is -38 this morning and the roads are dicey. Think we'll stay home for another day. The novelty is fast wearing off, let me tell you!

• BobbieB
    Quit 363 days ago
    1 week ago #

Awesome Tmann! Watming up a little here... still terrible tho lol next week lookin better. No smoking here! NOPE

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,631 days ago
    1 week ago #

I will happily take the pledge with you tmann and I hold out my hand to the next person who chooses healthier and wealthier. He has a brother who owns property in Arizona and we could be there but .... Healthier is better. I will just say that. I used to say that smoking was the only thing I enjoyed. Now I can say that smoking has prevented enjoyment. So hold hard to your quit. It is worth it. Wealthier helps toward that goal. No smoking.

• Keener
      Quit 1,452 days ago
      1 week ago #

Arizona would be just fine with us, m.m. We already have some friends spending the winter in Yuma and, according to them, they are enjoying it greatly.

• Carolyn
    Quit 4,722 days ago
    1 week ago #

Good morning all Happy Saturday!!!!

Nice sleep in today - DH cooked a nice breakfast and here I am finally. Back to the deep freeze again - opting to stay home today - got a few things to get done and honestly think I am getting a cold so will just do some work around the house today. Smoking - big HELL NO to that thanks much! I am warm and snug indoors and I do not have to haul out and freeze myself risking frostbite to kill myself with a white tube of poison. I am saying NO to smoking and YES to living the dream on the Freedom Road. My hand is offered to the next winner joining me in kicking ash to the curb today. Have a great day Cara D4714

2Y 11M Life saved

$70,710 Money saved

141,420 Unsmoked

• Karinbast
    Quit 46 days ago
    1 week ago #

Good on you tmann! Five miles, no small feat. No smoking for me today! As a matter of fact, I'm going to treat myself. I used to have a flex fitbit which I LOVED and I used it regularly but sadly it was lost- I wanted to upgrade anyway but of course I didn't. But now I will. I'm going to use the unused smoking money to get another, upgraded, fitbit. Of course the money really has been spent, funny how that happens isn't it? How did we find the money for smokes???? We all did though. But that is besides the point. I'm getting a new fitbit right after work :-) Enjoy your day all! Stay warm!

• tman55
      Quit 1,761 days ago
      1 week ago #

I just stick my wife’s Fitbit in my pocket. Does everything but the heart rate. Said I did 69 flights of stairs on our hike yesterday!! Two hours of pball usually equates to about 3 miles as well.

• Terry1963
    Quit 247 days ago
    1 week ago #

I didn't leave the house today, and it was awesome. I will happily join you all for a smoke free day

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment