• Author
  • Topic
D
DS2516
Quit 72 days ago

Frozen, can't concentrate, and I am a raving bitch

February 10, 2019
Report this post

Quit yesterday, yay!!!! I went for laser therapy and yesterday was pretty easy, had the best sleep ever. Today I am on bath number 2 cuz I can't warm up, I feel like I am on drugs cuz my brain is all over the place, and I was really grumpy to my mom when she phoned to check on how I am doing today. Totally worth it and I am gonna keep going, but I feel like I want to scream!!!!!!

Sign in to reply
  • Terry1963
    Quit 310 days ago
    2 months ago #

That's ok. Scream all you want. This isn't easy what you are doing, and that's ok. You will get stronger every day. Use NRT'S if you need to. Look in here for help. It was the one difference for me on this quit, and the people in here are so smart, and they genuinely care. You can do this

• D
      DS2516
      Quit 72 days ago
      2 months ago #

Thanks so much for the reply. I am not needing to scream as much right now which is nice, lol! Not supposed to use the NRTs with laser therapy. Unfortunately I forgot to factor in distance to go back for my boosters so I may have to fall back on them rather than just going back to smoking. Hopefully I won't have to, managed to power through today so far :)

• D
        DS2516
        Quit 72 days ago
        2 months ago #

Still really cold though!!!

• D
      DS2516
      Quit 72 days ago
      2 months ago #

Thanks Terry!!!

• tman55
    Quit 1,824 days ago
    2 months ago #

Keep swinging DS! Your inner junkie puts up a good scrap for a few days but soon you’ll be nailing him with hooks and upper cuts. Before long he will down for the count. Laser therapy? Tell us more??

• D
      DS2516
      Quit 72 days ago
      2 months ago #

Hey! Thanks for the reply. The laser therapy works on acupressure points to stimulate your endorphins. They used a low level laser, mostly in my ears. I went Friday afternoon, had very few cravings more habitual than anything. Yesterday I had a lot more cravings, but they weren't too bad compared to what I have dealt with previously, about a 5 or 6 out of 10. This morning had been about a 1 so far. You get free booster treatments anytime in the first 8 weeks after your initial treatment if you feel like you are going to slip, which is fantastic, but it is a 1.5 hr drive for me which is a little much. Fingers crossed it doesn't wear off to quickly!!!

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,694 days ago
    2 months ago #

Welcome D. We hear you. Drug withdrawal. Kind of sucks. Cigarettes did this to you. Thanks for posting that reality because none of us want to do it again. The good news is that it will end. As long as you don't take that puff. Rocky. Yes. Like a roller coaster. Minutes of madness. But in truth they come in waves. The physical withdrawal feels just like that. I used N.R.T. My sister did not. Do what works for you. I have never heard of laser therapy. I am interested. Welcome to our tribe.

• D
      DS2516
      Quit 72 days ago
      2 months ago #

Thanks for the support and encouragement!!!

• Carolyn
    Quit 4,785 days ago
    2 months ago #

For this quit my rule was I could do anything but smoke. Sometimes that meant I will sitting with a tub of PC mint choc chip ice cream and a spoon eating out of the tub - lived alone at the time. I wonder why I gained 50 lbs lol. Hang in there - it gets better and try focus on the positives - like you are not freezing your a$$ off in this weather puffing on a sick stick!

• D
      DS2516
      Quit 72 days ago
      2 months ago #

Ya, there was a lot of candy going on yesterday, lol!

• Brian3
        2 months ago #

Welcome to the community DS2516 and congratulations on making the decision to start our quit journey. Making changes in your patterns is key. Plan ahead for times which may create urges/cravings and have some support to get you through them. As you have seen lots of great experience around here.

You got this. Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• D
          DS2516
          Quit 72 days ago
          2 months ago #

Thanks Brian :)

• Keener
    Quit 1,515 days ago
    2 months ago #

You gotta stay strong, DS. The first week to ten days are the toughest and each of us reacted in a different way. Stay active, drink lots of water and do whatever takes your mind of the crave. It's just your system wanting the expected dose of the crap you've been feeing it for the past years. You'll soon discover you are tougher than the crave.

• ChamomileT&Sympathy
    Quit 3,088 days ago
    2 months ago #

Dear Frozen, Look at it this way, your inner "raving bitch" has come to save you, she is the fighter in you, she is there for you and for good reason. She is your defender. She is not there only when needed for PMS to allow the often pacifist female to finally express HER needs HER feelings HER hurts, HER desires at least once per month. She is your warrior!!! Cigarettes don't stand a chance against her, but man, when you direct your inner bitch towards "mom" you will only lose as she has wisdom and practiced at the art of bitchery far beyond your years. Be the femme that you are and direct your powers at the source of your pain...addiction, the tobacco industry, cigarettes...God Speed Woman!

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment