• Author
  • Topic
Carolyn
Quit 4,722 days ago

I don't want one. I want them all

February 11, 2019
Report this post

These words are soooooo true. I am an addict and there is no one smoke for me - I smoke one, I will be back to a pack a day. I know now I can never have just one and am thankful that I have no interest in just one. Should I ever be tempted, I remind myself I am one puff away from a pack a day - have the tossed 12+ year quit to prove it. KTQ Cara D4716

*************************************************************************************************************************

Subject: I don't want one. I want them all. (repost) From: freedom.yayy Date: 2012-02-18 07:16:51 Message: Its worth reading!!!!

Out of the Ashes by Peter and Peggy Holmes.

1. So you think one won't hurt? ...When was the last time you had one and quit smoking?

2. I don't want one.. I want them all.

3.You have to practice being a non-smoker. It won't come automatically. Every craving I survive gives me more practice.

4. Avoid thoughts of how hard this might be. 3 million smokers quit every year. It can be done.

5. When you make it through the first week, it gets better rapidly.

6. Body changes are normal and sometimes uncomfortable but they remind me I am suceeding.

7. A Craving is just a feeling. There is no reason to be afraid of it. You can say no to the craving as easily as you can say no to buying something out of your budget. It is my choice.

8. It takes what it takes to quit. no more and no less. No matter what...just don't smoke

9. Symptoms are temporary. I will feel normal again.

10 Don't think of never smoking again ...think one hour..one day..one minute if you have to. We only need to cope with today. Whatever happens tomorrow I will handle then.

11. I will have cravings whether I smoke or not. If i smoke they will get worse and come every 30 minutes. If I don't they will pass in a few moments and get fewer and farther between and get easier and easier until I am free.

12. I can live with the occasional desire to smoke or I can smoke. There are no other choices.

13. Smoking does not calm my nerves. It creates stress everytime my nicotine level drops and I have to smoke to bring it up again. As a smoker I am in a constant state of withdrawl creating stress.

14. Each craving challenges me to think about what is really important to me. With each craving I have the choice of acting on what I believe or staying in denial.

15. Desires to smoke are inevitable..smoking does not have to be.

16. No one is making me stop smoking. I can smoke if I want. I choose not to for now. Tomorrow i will have the same choices.

17. The urge to light up will pass if I smoke or not.

18 I would rather be a non-smoker with an occasional desire to smoke than a smoker that always wants to quit.

19. Getting ill from smoking is far worse than this transitional discomfort of quitting.

20. I am a puff away from a pack a day for the rest of my life. Just don't smoke.

Sign in to reply
  • tman55
    Quit 1,761 days ago
    6 days ago #

NOPE

• BobbieB
    Quit 363 days ago
    5 days ago #

Never enough, never an end to the need, never a time youre not distracted by addiction..

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment