• Author
  • Topic
m
m.m.
Quit 1,631 days ago

%

February 11, 2019
Report this post

Know your numbers. One of the many reasons that I quit had to do with percentages. The odds. I needed dental work and was told that the odds of failure in smokers was 30%. A tooth implant. Costly. The consequences of my decisions were real. Another marble in the don't smoke scale. Two of our contributors here have mentioned the word percentage and I have found that concept to be useful. Quitting is measurable. What percentage of our after tax income did we spend on tobacco. Healthier is hard to measure because I do not know what would have happened and smoking is not the only factor. But my guess is that it is at least thirty percent better. Now if I could just get that number on my investments.

Sign in to reply
  • tman55
    Quit 1,761 days ago
    5 days ago #

That would be a great number on the investments!! If my wife and I still smoked we would be spending around 10000$/yr. That is a big percentage when neither of us work anymore. I hope we never go back to the dark side again

• Carolyn
    Quit 4,722 days ago
    5 days ago #

I do not think I would still be alive had I not quit when I did. My life while not perfect, is so much better. I watch DH struggle to heal from the amputation and think how were he a smoker, it would not heal period as smoking impacts blood flow. Thankful I am now free and can choose how to spend my money without giving a huge chunk of it away to addiction.

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment