• Author
  • Topic
Carolyn
Quit 4,818 days ago

Monday Morning Pledge

March 11, 2019
Report this post

Good morning all Happy Monday!!!!!

Finally had water return yesterday when I got back home from shopping. Able to shower at home and not go to the gym - mind you a trip to the gym for a workout with the shower would have been ok lol. I am off to the south today. Starting my day in Okotoks and then the south of Calgary. Smoking -well not part of my world today - not today, not any day. Freedom Road is the place to be and there I will stay. Saying NO to smoking again today and holding my hand out to the next winner saying joining me today! Have a great day Cara D4744

2Y 11M Life saved

$71,160 Money saved

142,320 Unsmoked

Sign in to reply
  • M
    Meganstg
    Quit 28 days ago
    2 months ago #

Grateful to be saying I choose not to smoke today! Just made it through my first “first thing in the morning” without a cigarette”....that was a tough moment. Was ready to lick the ashtray lol jk. Sort of. ;) but realistically it was only a moment. Breathed. Asked myself if I really want to quit. Reminded myself I do. Got on this site and read some forum posts. Didn’t smoke. Won’t smoke. Just for today.

Glad you got your water going again Carolyn! A home shower is always the best!

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,727 days ago
    2 months ago #

Score one for Meganstg. Winning! I pledge to keep my quit. The first tobacco corporation has just claimed the beginning of bankruptcy in Canada. Heard that on the radio today. No longer profitable. I guess me not giving them money had a effect. ( lol, not just me) Wealthier and healthier works for me. No to smoking.

• AileenA
    Quit 76 days ago
    2 months ago #

Happy to hear you have water again Carolyn! Before I pledge today I just want to say how inspirational everyone is...Thank you so much!!!!! I pledge Not to Smoke and to take it one hour at a time!!!!

• Terry1963
    Quit 343 days ago
    2 months ago #

That's excellent. Bankruptcy. Nice to have 2 new people. You are so so so welcome here. No Judgement. We just like to help. It would be my pleasure to stand beside you all and pledge to not smoke today. Who else would like to join us?

• Keener
    Quit 1,548 days ago
    2 months ago #

Welcome and well done to Megan and Aileen. Tough journey has just begun but it will get better and you will get through it. Stay strong. I'm gonna spend time outside today in the warmer temperatures. Not sure what I'll be doing but it won't involve smoking!

• tman55
    Quit 1,857 days ago
    2 months ago #

Welcome newcomers! Glad to have new recruits in the war against tobacco. Did my 22 k on the bike yest, then played pball in the evening for a couple hrs. More pball this morning. Life without cigs is better than I ever thought possible. Who agrees??

• Sarah9
    Quit 76 days ago
    2 months ago #

Happy Monday Morning. I am in for today's pledge. Like you Megan I had a hard time with the first thing on a Monday morning smoke but I made it through by sipping water and chewing gum. That sure is a hard one to get through. However, I am committed to no smoking today. I hope everyone has a great day.

• AileenA
      Quit 76 days ago
      2 months ago #

Sarah, I have been doing a lot of reading and found that for the morning smoke craving to sip cranberry juice. I have been doing that since Sunday morning and that has helped immensely with the craving.

• Sarah9
        Quit 76 days ago
        2 months ago #

Thank you for that I am going to give it a try. I did give up coffee this morning which did help but Cranberry juice might help even more. Thank you Aileen. I hope you are doing well and I am sending you good vibes

• BobbieB
    Quit 459 days ago
    2 months ago #

Good job guys! Glad to be here along with u all. No to smoking! NOPE!

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment