Carolyn
Quit 4,754 days ago

Think

March 11, 2019
Report this post

A great repost. Quitting is doable! KTQ Cara D4744

REPOST: THINK

Date: 2009-10-28 09:47:21

Just had a couple thoughts I wanted to share. Luck isn't what you need to quit. NOBODY can make you throw away your quit.

You have power, use it!!! Make a decision, grit your teeth and just do it. That is what I had to do. I smoked over 45 years, a couple packs, sometimes more, a day. I "tried" to quit many times. (There is no try, only do ~~ from Yoda)

I had an 8 month quit that I threw away, here on the Q. All the other quits before I found this place were doing good to last a few days, one actually lasted 2 weeks.

When I threw away that 8 month quit it took me over two years to finally settle down to this quit I have now. (Soon to be 3 years.) It took determination and it took stubbornly refusing to give in. And a lot of support here on my beloved Q. I began to wonder how many times I wanted to put in the first days of a quit, suffering for what? Just to smoke again. And then the back and forth feeling, I can't do this, so why torture myself? And of course all the time doing more damage to my body.

What I'm trying to say is that finally you just have to make up your mind. Are you gonna quit or are you gonna continue to smoke until you die? So please guys, make up your minds to quit. Most of you seem to be in their 40's, so just think of all the bad health you can avoid if you quit 20 years sooner than me!! And realize you have to quit sometime, the day you die or the day you decide ENOUGH!! I can guarantee that if you continue to smoke, your last days will be miserable ones. I witnessed that with my father

PLEASE QUIT!!!

Peg

Sign in to reply
  • AileenA
    Quit 12 days ago
    1 week ago #

Thank you for all your posts!!! I have read a lot of them and have found not only inspiration but they have helped with cravings!

• Terry1963
    Quit 279 days ago
    1 week ago #

They still continue to help me. Every day. I may look at them a little different than before, and 10 years from now they may be different again. One thing is certain. I will continue to read them each, and every day. The Q is a new good habit that I picked up after dropping that filthy old one I use to have. Never Quit Quitting!!

• M
    MammaD
    Quit 100 days ago
    1 week ago #

I'm also on this site everyday reading the posts, sometimes 2 or 3 times. The people give me the inspiration I need. I am so grateful for all of the support from the Q !

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment