• Author
  • Topic
m
m.m.
Quit 1,727 days ago

Kick it to the curb.

March 11, 2019
Report this post

Kick the habit to the curb. I was waiting in the pick up area at the hospital doors after a visit and it is a very busy place. People coming and going at a fast pace. No smokers. The signs " We can help" posted by the door. Then a man came out the door. He walked right to the edge of the road and grabbed his smoke and lighter. From my view it was almost cartoon like. The haze of smoke encircled around his head and it clung to him in a odd way. The only guy smoking. Then he started to pace and check his watch compulsively. Agitated. The stress relief he wanted really wasn't working all that well. Standing on the edge. A car drove in and he tossed his butt and got in. I haze of fumes followed him. I am sure the driver who picked him up suffered the reek of the smell. Even as a smoker that just came in from smoking smell was repulsive. He did stand out and he did look odd. Cartoon like. I thought about the posts I have read that said kick your addiction to the curb. No envy of his habit. At all.

Sign in to reply
  • tman55
    Quit 1,857 days ago
    2 months ago #

The stink! Like I’ve said many times, the reek of a person who has just smoked makes me almost wretch. I think of the thousands of times I must have offended people. NOPE

• Terry1963
    Quit 343 days ago
    2 months ago #

Gross

• BobbieB
    Quit 459 days ago
    2 months ago #

I know ive been that person.. yuck! So done with that!!

• M
    MammaD
    Quit 164 days ago
    2 months ago #

We've all been that person. I could never smell it on others when I was smoking. Now the only person I know who smokes is my daughter and the smell really is funky. It holds no desire for me and I am kinda grateful that I have the odd opportunity to smell it so it reinforces in my mind how yucky smoking is and how yucky it made me feel. No going back!!

• Carolyn
    Quit 4,818 days ago
    2 months ago #

I have to say the NO SMOKING signs are at Peter Lougheed in Calgary and people stand right outside the door - it is so gross!

• Terri5
    Quit 97 days ago
    2 months ago #

Glad I don’t stink. Glad I don’t feel embarrassed about smoking and hiding it. Glad I don’t have to buy them. Just so glad!!!

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment