• Author
  • Topic
Carolyn
Quit 4,818 days ago

Tuesday Morning Pledge

March 12, 2019
Report this post

Good morning everybuddy!!!! Happy Tuesday!

Up and moving to head out on the road for the day. I am close to home today which will be nice. Loving the weather - less thrilled with the snow melt as it is making it tough to move the wheel chair for DH. Smoking fixes nothing so no matter what happens in life I am shouting a big HELL NO to smoking today. You will find me living on the Freedom Road where life maybe is not perfect but it is better than life as a smoker. My hand is extended to the next winning quitter saying NO to smoking today. Have a good one Cara D4745

2Y 11M Life saved

$71,175 Money saved

142,350 Unsmoked

Sign in to reply
  • Terry1963
    Quit 343 days ago
    2 months ago #

I guess those leap years messed up my numbers. I'm just going to have to celebrate your special day all week. I will also join you in a smoke free day. N.O.P.E.

• Carolyn
      Quit 4,818 days ago
      2 months ago #

Terry I appreciate you taking the time to try figure it out - you made my day!

• AileenA
    Quit 76 days ago
    2 months ago #

Good Morning All!!!! I pledge to NO SMOKING!!!! Made it past 72 hours!!! I also pledge to take it one hour at a time!!!!!! Have a great day everyone!!!!!

• Keener
      Quit 1,548 days ago
      2 months ago #

You're on the right track, Aileen. Stay strong and soon you'll be feeling better every day.

• AileenA
        Quit 76 days ago
        2 months ago #

Thanks Keener! Have a great day!!!

• Brian3
      2 months ago #

Welcome to the Community AileenA and congratulations on making the decision to start your quit journey. So important to plan ahead and look at our past quits for what to do different. This is the place for support and some great learning from all of the regulars.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,727 days ago
    2 months ago #

Great numbers AileenA. The milestones are important. Any quit can be the forever quit and we are happy to have you. Carolyn had a very special milestone coming and we all look forward to celebrating. I pledge to keep my quit because it is the gift that keeps on giving. Wealthier and healthier. To the dentist today and I celebrate that I have the money to pay for it. I hold out my hand.

• Sarah9
    Quit 76 days ago
    2 months ago #

Good Morning. I am in with the Tuesday pledge. I woke up with a really sore throat this morning so I am hoping that is just part of it and I am not getting sick. Other than that I feel good. I do have a new Mantra that seems to be getting me through the past couple of days "Just hold on a second I need a minute". It seems to be my response to everyone and everything:) The mantra is keeping me from getting agitated with people though so I consider that a win. Happy Tuesday everyone. I heard on the news it is National Pancake Day!!!

• Keener
    Quit 1,548 days ago
    2 months ago #

Hang in there, Sarah. You can do this.

• M
    Meganstg
    Quit 28 days ago
    2 months ago #

Today I pledge not to smoke. Thank you for leading the way and walking alongside on this journey. I woke up with a lack of enthusiasm for quitting after a rough night with my little one, but I read through some posts and my email from ABquits and I am feeling the motivation.

Last night before I destroyed the remaining cigarettes I had, I wrote on each one something I’d gain by not smoking. I had the thought to just smoke them because it’d be such a waste of money to just throw them out...but then I realized that was a lie and it’d be a waste of money to smoke them.

So, here we go! Just for today, I choose not to smoke...I WANT to be free

• tman55
    Quit 1,857 days ago
    2 months ago #

Raining today. No pball. Might be a good chill day to finish a book. Smoking? No! Happy to see more folks fighting hard to beat this. Better days ahead.... believe it!!

• BobbieB
    Quit 459 days ago
    2 months ago #

Great work Aileen & Meganstg!! No smoking for me either :D

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment