• Author
  • Topic
Shan054
Quit 94 days ago

This is when it sucks

March 13, 2019
Report this post

2:45 am. Can’t sleep again. Having a decaf and a _____ . Cough drop. Will not fill the gap with a smoke but it seems like that is what is missing!

Sign in to reply
  • Carolyn
    Quit 4,818 days ago
    2 months ago #

Sleep issues are a big pain in the butt when you start your quit but this will pass in time as well. You are doing this and you never have to go through this again as long as you do not light up again. Yeah you - keep up the awesome quit and I hope you got some sleep..... If this is a big problem try melatonin - it works for me and is natural.

• Terry1963
    Quit 343 days ago
    2 months ago #

If it was you mentioning menopause. It's more likely that that is the reason for your sleep troubles. I'm going through the same thing. For weeks I have trouble sleeping, and then for weeks I can't stay awake. As Carolyn said melatonin is a natural sleep aid. Hang in there Shan

• Brian3
    2 months ago #

Welcome to the community Shan054 and congratulations on starting your Quit Journey. Withdrawal can last for several weeks, and of course is different for everyone. Sleep is a common issue. So glad that you sent a message instead of going out for a smoke. Doing things differently when having urges or cravings is the key. Support is a must.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• BobbieB
    Quit 459 days ago
    2 months ago #

Congrats on getting thru that Shaun! I had that happen also!

• tman55
    Quit 1,857 days ago
    2 months ago #

Good move in posting Shan. This is probably a new move for you from other quits. Changing things up is a positive sign. It shows you want this. Beating addiction is not easy but we are here to tell you it’s doable and it’s wonderful!!

• Tess
    Quit 600 days ago
    2 months ago #

Knowing that everything is temporary is really helpful! Your body is adjusting and doing what it needs to do to find the NEW balance. It is all good! At times annoying & inconvenient, but all ultimately good -so keep in mind that this too shall pass!

• Karinbast
    Quit 142 days ago
    2 months ago #

I feel for you Shan, it is crazy and tough and in the end it is worth it. I've quit so many times and have gone through the crazy that many times too many. Stay the course Shan, you'll get there. Come here as often as you need/like, it's a great place to be.

• Shan054
    Quit 94 days ago
    2 months ago #

Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot that someone hears your cries. I am determined , haven’t faltered but realize I can’t do this alone.

• Terry1963
    Quit 343 days ago
    2 months ago #

This is my first quit hanging out in here. It's a huge part in why I hit 9 months on Friday. The milestones make you feel like you've conquered a mountain. I find that my best milestone ever was Day 1:)

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment