• Author
  • Topic
m
m.m.
Quit 1,663 days ago

Journey

March 13, 2019
Report this post

It is a long way to go from "I gotta quit" to celebrating our freedom. My honey said those words the other day and I found myself getting excited but I did not want to scare him away. I think every smoker has that thought. Usually right after we butted that last cigarette. He is under so much stress and pain right now that I think that going through withdrawal couldn't make it any worse. He has cut back and spends about a hundred bucks a month now on pouch tobacco. Still I hear the phlegm in his lungs and the horrible coughing fits. ( I do not have that any more). It is hard when a person faces other challenges. I want to reach out my hand to MammaD because job hunting is very challenging. The belief that the smoke did something for us particularly when we are struggling is challenging. My sister went up to two packs a day after her husband left. That truly did not make things better. But what we were fooled by was the relief that was felt when we took that first puff particularly if our nicotine levels were low had a mood altering affect. Short lived and then further action was always taken to manage our reality. So skip the smoke and get on with the actions that will help. Healthier and wealthier helps the journey.

Sign in to reply
  • tman55
    Quit 1,793 days ago
    1 week ago #

Too bad your honey wouldn’t take a page out of your book. Your words here are so wise and inspiring to all.

• Tess
    Quit 536 days ago
    1 week ago #

I think that he is not only thinking about quitting, but also saying OUT LOUD to you is a huge thing. He is in the contemplation stage which is much better than the denial that you have previously talked about m.m. Pray that he proceeds to taking action. Tony Robbins says of changing up anything, that ultimately the pain has to out weight the pleasure to let go of a behavior. Given the challenges your hubby has been facing, he may just surprise you with his intentions!

• Terry1963
    Quit 279 days ago
    1 week ago #

You're inspiring m.m. As I've said many times. If hubby didn't quit I'm pretty sure that I would have started by now. He smoked for 3 months longer than me, and it was hard. Fingers crossed that your honey joins you for Healthier, and Wealthier.

• M
    MammaD
    Quit 100 days ago
    1 week ago #

Hi m.m., yes job hunting is very challenging at this point in time. I do have a couple of interviews lined up so hopefully someone will hire my old ass lol. I am glad that I have used this time off to give up the smoking, there is no daily stress that a job can bring. I am currently undergoing the 3 month blahs and there have been some intense desires to smoke. I keep in mind the sight of a man in the food court who couldn't walk 30 feet without having to stop for breath. I don't ever want to be that person. I think I was on my way to being him. This memory is what really helps me with the just say NO.

• Karinbast
    Quit 78 days ago
    1 week ago #

M.M. I agree with tmann, you are an inspiration! I love the way you straight shoot and hit the nail on the head. The fact that you have been so successful with a loved one still smoking is a testament to your strength. Thanks for your insights.

• Carolyn
    Quit 4,754 days ago
    6 days ago #

I also agree with tmann and Karinblast - you my friend are truly inspiring!

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment