• Author
  • Topic
Carolyn
Quit 4,818 days ago

Just how badly do you want to quit smoking?????

March 14, 2019
Report this post

Great repost. I may not have been happy about quitting - but in my early days I refused to smoke no matter what. Was not always easy but it was the first step to this awesome 4747 day quit. KTQ Cara D4747

*******************************************************************************************************************

Just how badly do you want to quit smoking???? From ID51 on 6/29/2009 10:50:18 PM

Just how badly do you want to quit smoking???? Only you can answer that. I WAS a hard core smoker (35 yrs, up to 2 packs/day). Two failed CT quits, 1 failed quit when I thought that I could have just 1 or 2. I am a Nicotine addict. It's that simple. While smoking might be legal under the law, it is no less deadly or dangerous than any other addiction. I will NEVER be able to have just 1 or 2. I accept that.

I am using the Nicorette gum. While it takes the edge off, it will not stop me from smoking. The only thing that will stop me from smoking me me. I accept that.

Attitude is everything. You must quit ON PURPOSE and WITH PURPOSE. Make a list of your triggers and have a plan to deal with them. Smoking is like a dragon. Make yourself a sign that reads: "DON'T FEED THE DRAGON!" For me, I cannot be around smokers for now. I cannot drink alcohol for now. I cannot eat heavy meals for now. I avoid or deal with stress head on for now. A few weeks, or even months, from now, I will reassess what I can/cannot be around, and I am prepared to accept that some things I avoid now, I will have to avoid for another period of time.

If quitting smoking was easy, NONE of us would be here. Be committed and focused.

Climb OUT of the cigarette package, throw it away, and QUIT. Eat healthy, drink lots of water, brush your teeth, exercise, and biggest of all - DON'T go near cigarettes.

If you are not willing to dig in your heels and focus, you will always be a slave to cigarettes. No one can make you quit (just like no one made you smoke). The Q is here to help. We are all in this together, but you are the only one who can refuse to pick up the cigarettes.

Incadove (Trish)

Sign in to reply
  • m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,727 days ago
    2 months ago #

It was a fight with myself. I was a formidable opponent. To the victor goes the spoils. As a quitter I spend money on my health as a smoker I spent money on tobacco and patches. As a quitter I can go any where and enjoy a movie or a meal with out needing to get my hit of nic. As a smoker I spent a lot of time in back allies and parking lots and garages. As a quitter I am willing to parlay the lessons learned to keep moving forward. As a smoker I was wilful and suffered the consequences. My brother said for years that life is better when you don't smoke. Now I believe him.

• Sarah9
    Quit 76 days ago
    2 months ago #

Thank you for this inspiration. I really want this quit more than I want to smoke. It has been a tough couple days but I am not feeding that Dragon because I know this will be worth it.

• Shan054
    Quit 94 days ago
    2 months ago #

Yes it will be worth it. And less difficult as days go by. I was in the company of a dragon feeder today and wasn’t temped. Feeling rather good about that

• l
    lizzie2155
    Quit 293 days ago
    2 months ago #

3 days in and i feel good but I have had a few challenges today. I went through them without a slip up. The cravings are there, however i am not feeding the dragon no more.

• Terry1963
    Quit 343 days ago
    2 months ago #

I'm with you lizzie.. Out of no where I've been craving as well. As time goes by it gets easier to tell those cravings to.... well you know?

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment