• Topic
Carolyn
Quit 4,754 days ago

Brick Walls

March 14, 2019
Report this post

Repost: Brick Walls

One of my fave posts from Dave. KTQ Cara D4747

********************************************************************************************************

Brick Walls From Titotiger on 11/19/2011 11:47:33 AM When we first quit smoking, many of us wonder, "Do I have what it takes to succeed?" Many of us have smoked for years and years and so we ask ourselves, "Is there life without cigarettes?" Well, I can't help but look at all the success stories that have been written, and are continually being written here on the Q every day, and I know that the answer to both of those questions is an emphatic YES!!!!! You Can Quit And You Are Going To Love Your New Smoke-Free Life.

But Quitting won't necessarily be easy. There are obstacles that stand in your way, there are temptations and challenges that lay ahead, there are going to be some Brick Walls. Will you be able to resist those temptations and challenges or will you give in?

Have you heard of Randy Pausch, author of The Last Lecture? I love what Professor Pausch had to say about Brick Walls:

"Brick walls are there for a reason. The Brick Walls are not there to keep us out. The Brick Walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the Brick Walls are there to stop the people who don't want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people"

And that's why you're going to make it this time isn't it? Because you want to quit more than you want to smoke. You want it badly enough. Those Brick Walls are there for someone else aren't they? This is your time!!!!!

Just stay positive and remain determined. Take it one step at a time and meet each challenge with the conviction that says, Nothing Can Stop Me From Winning This Battle. I believe in you and I know I'm going to..

See You At The Top Dave 3,143 Days Quit

Sign in to reply
  • Terry1963
    Quit 279 days ago
    6 days ago #

Love this

• AileenA
    Quit 12 days ago
    6 days ago #

Awesome advice...thank you!!!

• B
    Bonnie2
    Quitting in 10 days
    6 days ago #

Wise words!

• Brian3
      5 days ago #

Welcome to the Community Bonnie2. So glad you are looking ahead to start your quit journey. Now is the time to begin planning for those urges and cravings that will be coming especially in the early days of stopping. Keep track of the times/situations/emotions/people/places that you are currently smoking as these will be what you have to plan ahead for. Write down what you will do different to be successful in these situations. Who/what will be your support. This community can be one support the more the better.

Good planning is the key to success. Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• B
        Bonnie2
        Quitting in 10 days
        5 days ago #

Thank you for the tip. I am going to start a journal today. I have to say I am nervous about whether I can get through this but I will soldier on :)

• Terry1963
    Quit 279 days ago
    5 days ago #

Welcome Bonnie. You absolutely can get through this. I know I can! I know I can! I know I can!

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment