• Author
  • Topic
BobbieB
Quit 428 days ago

Look for the small wins!

April 14, 2019
Report this post

“Quitting Smoking” seemed daunting. Over a year ago i truly thought i could never go a year without smoking. Sometimes it was minute by minute but it added up to days, weeks, months

Make sure to notice the small things that are the true reflection of progress.

-stains on teeth/fingers gone? -hair looking healthier? -walking/activity easier? -if your drinking more water- do you feel more hydrated? -does your skin look better? -morning cough gone? -clothes not stinky? -how about when you just finished a smoke and ran into a non-smoker? Is that feeling gone when you run into them now? -what about the worries? Worrying about future health is was a constant for me! -more free time? Less slaveing to a substance?

I could go on :D Many positive things to focus on even in the face of a craving!

Sign in to reply
  • tman55
    Quit 1,826 days ago
    1 week ago #

Small wins eventually lead to victory. I am so glad I don't offend people with the stench of smoking anymore. Happy to enjoy biking, pickleball, fishing, camping , travelling without wondering when I'll get my next smoke. Love the small wins!!

• BobbieB
      Quit 428 days ago
      1 week ago #

Yes! Sitting at an airport waiting, is fine lol. I definitely look forward to some camping this summer!! (I hope!)

• Terry1963
    Quit 312 days ago
    1 week ago #

I love the small wins too, and there are so many. Thanks BobbieB

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,696 days ago
    1 week ago #

True that BobbieB. I stay quit for the benefits.

• Carolyn
    Quit 4,787 days ago
    1 week ago #

Very important message BobbieB. Sometimes we(ok me) get so caught up in the negatives of quitting we do not open our eyes to the positives. My quit got a whole lot better when I started to notice all the plusses quitting gave me.

• BobbieB
      Quit 428 days ago
      6 days ago #

Totally!

• AileenA
    Quit 45 days ago
    1 week ago #

Thanks for the message BobbiB. I have been trying to notice and enjoy the small wins!!!

• Karinbast
    Quit 111 days ago
    1 week ago #

Thanks for the reminder Bobbie, very true, so many great “little things” than can easily be over looked.

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment