• Author
  • Topic
E.Piche
Quit 47 days ago

just started to quit - patch

May 11, 2019
Report this post

put the patch on today, therefore, just started to quit smoking. could i get some helpful tips as to what to do to help the cravings lessen. besides just the 4 D's

Sign in to reply
  • AileenA
    Quit 76 days ago
    1 week ago #

Welcome to the group E.Piche!!! When I quit I started a journal and every time I had a craving I wrote in my journal. I also found cinnamon dentyne gum as well as Wint-o-green livesavers really help!!! I also read all the posts on the forum...even the ones a few months back and they were a big help as well. You have a lot of support on here!!! You can do this!!!!!

• E.Piche
      Quit 47 days ago
      1 week ago #

thank you very much

• AileenA
    Quit 76 days ago
    1 week ago #

Oh I also forgot...take the daily pledge as well...it is very helpful as well!!!

• E.Piche
      Quit 47 days ago
      1 week ago #

oh sorry, forgot to ask, how do i take the daily pledge?

• Terry1963
    Quit 343 days ago
    1 week ago #

Welcome E.Piche. When you are in the forum you will see different topics being discussed. For example Sundays Pledge, Mondays Pledge, and so on. Pop on in, and pledge with us. It really has made the difference for me in my quit. Welcome to the community

• Keener
    Quit 1,548 days ago
    1 week ago #

Welcome aboard, E.Piche. The fun has just started so stay strong and you will beat the evil habit!

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,727 days ago
    1 week ago #

Cheers to you and this fabulous decision to stop paying for and inhaling toxic burnt carbon in to your precious lungs daily! What good life enhancing behavior or substance would you rather indulge in with the resources that tobacco took away from you? I quit because of the should. I stay quit because of the good. Travel and teeth is what I spent my money on.

• tman55
    Quit 1,857 days ago
    1 week ago #

Welcome E.Piche! Best decision ever! I did deep breathing to help me through a crave. Big inhale, hold for 3-4 secs, slow exhale. Reminded me of a big drag off a death stick. Take pride in beating your inner junkie each minute, hour, day. It really is a battle for awhile. Just keep swingin! I can’t begin to tell you how much better life is without addiction. Pledge often. U got this.

• Chrysta (AlbertaQuits)
    1 week ago #

Hi E.Piche! The nicotine replacement can really help with cravings. I would recommend talking to your pharmacist on making sure you have the right dose of the patch, and maybe even adding a short acting product like a lozenge, gum, or spray!

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment