• Author
  • Topic
m
m.m.
Quit 1,727 days ago

Brave.

May 12, 2019
Report this post

The album of the year in 2014 by Sara Bareilles with the song Brave was my theme song in regard to my quit. That first year I spent some of my extra money on music. Quitting is scary. Stepping down a level on the patch is scary. Taking pills to help me quit was scary. How does a person cope when life gives you scary like a back surgery or brain surgery. My sister has a date for her operation and she is facing this reality with calm and focus and attention. Addiction takes away from what is really needed. The hero never said, hang on I need a cigarette. In that first year of my quit I saw myself succeed. I witness myself cope without that smoke. Those days that were a bit tougher I saw myself be brave.

Sign in to reply
  • Terry1963
    Quit 343 days ago
    1 week ago #

I too am brave m.m. We are all brave. This is the toughest battle I have endured in my life so far. I still seem to ride the crazy train every once in a while, but that's ok. Every time I come off that train I'm a little stronger. I will continue to send wishes to your sister. She too is brave. Same with your hubby Aileen. I have barrels of good karma, and I love sending it through wishes. We are all going to be just fine:)

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment