• Author
  • Topic
m
m.m.
Quit 1,727 days ago

Can you do stairs?

May 15, 2019
Report this post

It is official, I am old! Who me? I was offended but the truth is my doing stairs was in question. This question was asked at the hospital yesterday. The tipping point for my quit was the physical. I was unable to walk back up the hill from my garden. Out of breath, heart pumping, are you kidding me, terrible feeling. The conflict lived with me for years and the list of reasons to quit had gotten long. Now it was personal. They say an addict has to hit rock bottom and they hit the point that it is personnel. My co-worker who quit said it was easy. Kidney cancer made it clear. I like having the ability to do stairs. That means a lot to me. Tobacco tried to take that from me. No.

Sign in to reply
  • tman55
    Quit 1,857 days ago
    1 week ago #

It is wonderful to be able to do the things that tobacco had so deviously taken away from us. Everything from stairs to yard work, to biking, to hiking to pickleball to enjoying life is so much better now. For those early in a quit.... It's there if you want it!!

• Terry1963
    Quit 343 days ago
    1 week ago #

Yes breathing freely is a wonderful thing!!

• Carolyn
    Quit 4,818 days ago
    1 week ago #

Breathing sure makes stairs easier - now if the rest of my body would just be more open to the concept I would be running up and down them. lol

• jxm307
    Quit 56 days ago
    1 week ago #

Oh, did you ever hit a nerve. I am so new at this that my benefits are just starting. My husband is in a Long Term Care Facility. I walk to see him most days. But as the trip home is all up hill, I just can’t do it yet. But I am giving myself 6 months. And then I will try it. Until then the Bus is my friend. God Bless....

• tman55
    Quit 1,857 days ago
    1 week ago #

It will happen. Keep swingin!!

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment