• Author
  • Topic
Carolyn
Quit 4,818 days ago

Thursday Pledge

May 16, 2019
Report this post

Good morning all Happy Thursday!!!!!!!

Up and moving for the day. DH had a great physio work out yesterday and everyone is optimistic about his incision. Here is hoping as I at times find it hard to get excited as it has always gone south - but I can see this is doing well. Will it make me smoke??? HELL NO!!!! How would smoking make anything better - wont heal the incision - only cause more problems. Freedom Road is the place to be and there I will stay. I offer my hand in friendship and support to the next winning quitter saying NO to smoking today. Have a great day Cara D4810

3Y 0M Life saved

$72,150 Money saved

144,300 Unsmoked

Sign in to reply
  • Terry1963
    Quit 343 days ago
    1 week ago #

So happy to hear that DH is on the mend. You are right that smoking would only make things worse. Back at square one. No thank you. I think I will pass, but I will join you in a big HELL NO! to smoking today. Please join us. Let's hear from the newbies that we've never heard from. Pledging may just be that little bit extra support that you need. Have a great day everyone!

• BobbieB
    Quit 459 days ago
    1 week ago #

No way to smoking today! Gross! So glad to be done with that. I like my teeth white and clothes not smelly. Not One Puff Ever NOPE!

• Shan054
    Quit 94 days ago
    1 week ago #

Thinking about Aileen this morning hoping all goes well and she stays strong! No to smoking for me.

• AileenA
    Quit 76 days ago
    1 week ago #

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words Shan!!!! I have loaded up on my mints and I made a promise to my husband that I will not cave!!!! I will join all of you and pledge to No smoking and to take it an hour at a time today!!!!

• Keener
      Quit 1,548 days ago
      1 week ago #

Hang in there, Aileen.

• tman55
      Quit 1,857 days ago
      1 week ago #

Keep swingin Aileen! Luv your one hour at a time mantra!!

• Keener
    Quit 1,548 days ago
    1 week ago #

Cooler weather with some rain should help get the garden started. Give it a few weeks and it should look pretty good. Company arriving today for a brief visit as they are headed for Brooks and the Canadian Junior A hockey championships. Their grandson plays for Prince George. Might be able to get a game or two on tv. Anyway, off on a grocery run. No time or desire for smoking!

• tman55
    Quit 1,857 days ago
    1 week ago #

Rainin here in the south country. Good timing for the garden as Keener said. Pain in my butt seems to be subsiding some. Almost thinking to try a treadmill session. Whatever happens rest assured tobacco plays no role in my day. Freedom Road is just sooo smooth. Join us!!

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,727 days ago
    1 week ago #

Good to read that things are progressing well for your D.H. Carolyn. Cautious optimism. Aileen we are on your side. You might surprise yourself and find that you have built up enough knowledge to face up to any smoking desires. It is still early days for you so deep breathing and staying in the moment. We had to cope with trouble as a smoker just the same. Smoking has always been a rather bad magic trick. No smoking for me no matter how crazy things get around here. Healthier and wealthier helps no matter how crazy things get around here. Hard choices about some trees that are to close to the house. He is not happy. So he is non-stop smoking.

• Terry1963
    Quit 343 days ago
    1 week ago #

Aileen. If you feel like you are wavering remember the 3 post rule. We will be here for you if you need us. My instincts say that you will be just fine.

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment