How it Works
QuitCore is a FREE group support program that provides Albertans (18+) with the tools and skills they need to quit using tobacco for good. The program consists of six 90-minute sessions over a period of up to nine weeks at various locations around the province. Join a group in your community and make new friends, share your stories and celebrate milestones together.
There are two ways to Register
1. Register Online
If you already have an AlbertaQuits account you can register for Groups through your My Quit Centre. If you do not have an AlbertaQuits account, you can sign up for an account here. A professional representative will call you at a time that fits with your schedule to discuss where you would like to attend group sessions.
By registering online, you'll also gain access to exclusive quit tools and resources available only to AlbertaQuits Online members.
2. Register by phone
Call 1-866-710-QUIT (7848) toll-free to find out about an upcoming group session in your community.
What can you learn at QuitCore?
- how to develop a quit plan that will work for you
- ways to deal with nicotine withdrawal and cravings
- how to get your friends and family onboard with your program
- tips on managing stress, healthy eating and physical activity
- how to prevent and deal with slips
- advice and insights from Quitcore graduates
To check dates, locations, and times of upcoming QuitCore groups visit our Support Groups page.