- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
- AlbertaQuits Presents the BABY STEPS HELP GUIDEA practical, hands-on manual for Health Providers who work with clients who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postpartum.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- ?"I thought it was cool and if I wanted to meet young ladies in the bar I needed to smoke so I started. It was not long when I was smoking a pack a day and it was part of..."
- ?"We had moved in to our new place in 2011 and I realized the stairs were steep. My basement was my walk in from outside, so only laundry, storage, entertainment room downstairs and a bathroom, everything upstairs. Well after going..."
- j"I smoked for 40 years and smoking is cravings like wild fire. what is a cig-its a pinch of tobacco with fire on one side and a fool on the other side. I have stage 4 copd with emphazma on..."
- ?"I had my first cigarette when I was 12 because it was cool. I started smoking because of stress and teenage idiocy. Every time I tried to quit, something in my life would happen to send my attempt crumbling under..."
- E"I grew up around smokers. Started smoking when I was 15 .. around the year my aunty died of cancer from smoking. I could smoke on school grounds. I could buy smokes easily. I could smoke anywhere. I am 32.5..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.