- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- ?"When I was young everybody smoked. Every adult I knew just seemed to love it. It seemed very glamorous. Everybody in my family smoked. I first started smoking when I was 13. When I got married my husband was also..."
- ?"I started smoking when I was ten due to peer pressure and continued to smoke for 37 years. In 2005 I went to the dentist for a checkup and they noticed an abnormality under my tongue. I was sent to..."
- ?"I have been smoking for almost 60 years and have tried quitting several times. The patch/gum/Champex did not work. Nicotene is an addiction. One week ago I finished the book Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr. I smoked..."
- ?"I tried to quit 5 times. Now I'm doing it because a family member has a heart condition. And it's better for your health."
- J"I quit over 10 years ago. I really credit Barb Tarbox. The ads on T.V. With her talking about her kids and having to leave them early in their lives and all the things she would miss really hit home..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.