AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
- A"This is the fourth time i am trying to quit smoking. I used champix, zyban, nicotine patches, but due to friends, company i keep, and mainly my weakness, i went back to smoking. So, this time I decided to not..."
- P"After watching Barb' story, I realized that I am not invincible. One day or another, smokes will be stronger than me and it will kill me. It is the honest and genuine truth. I asked myself if it was worth..."
- J"Today is my eight year anniversary of quitting. I smoked for 15 years and it took me 7 attempts to quit, but I finally did it. It is so much worth it. My wife says she can hardly remember me..."
- ?"I smoked for 36 years. I probably tried quitting 36 times. My (smoking) boyfriend had cancer, unrelated to smoking, and he was always getting "scanned" to see if the cancer was getting better or worse or spreading. One of the..."
- S"I had quit on July 26. I quit for more than 1 reason, mainly to use the money that i used to buy smokes to get groceries in my house. I have 4 little hamsters to think of too,..."
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.