- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
- AlbertaQuits Presents the BABY STEPS HELP GUIDEA practical, hands-on manual for Health Providers who work with clients who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postpartum.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience and thousands of “graduates”, AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free, the community is waiting and the water is warm.
Dive in and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- ?"My name is Fran and I quit smoking five months ago. After FORTY years of smoking three or four packs of cigarettes a day I heard about all the illnesses that was associated with smoking but I never thought it..."
- ?"I quit smoking cigaretts finally, after 35 years. A bad addictoin, and they finally made a product that worked for me - champix. I was a heavy smoker. I'm so happy that I'v stoped, and I feel better and so..."
- M"I’ve been smoking for 43 years. I went to the doctors for the renewal of my license and she suggested “Alberta quits. This was because my blood pressure was through the roof and I was on medicine to bring..."
- ?"I started smoking when I was ten due to peer pressure and continued to smoke for 37 years. In 2005 I went to the dentist for a checkup and they noticed an abnormality under my tongue. I was sent to..."
- "Day 16 this is amazing! I started smoking at 11 & like many others it was the cool thing to do. All my family members smoked. Now 23 years later social standards have changed. Smokers are frowned upon in society...."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.