- Let's do this togetherWhether you're ready to quit smoking, or just want to learn more about quitting, we have you covered.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience, and thousands of "graduates", AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free and the community is waiting. Join today and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- D""Hello, my name is David xxx. I've been smoking now since I was 39 or 40 years of age, and, still now at age 55. I am here for another attempt to quit smoking tobacco and cigarettes. My quit date..."
- "When I was 9 I tried my first smoke due to peer pressure. I didn't pick up another smoke until I was 15 and started smoking heavily to the point I was up to a pack a day. I quit..."
- A"Tomorrow is one month smoke free. I use nicotine gum to get me through the cravings. I did not plan to quit, I ususally smoke on my drive into work and realized that on Feb 28 I didn't light a..."
- A"I didn't use any help from a drug or hypnotherapy. I didn't eat to fill the void I didn't get upset, or agitated. I didn't get mean or violent. I didn't obsess over smoking or take up vaping or chew..."
- ?"I started smoking when I was ten due to peer pressure and continued to smoke for 37 years. In 2005 I went to the dentist for a checkup and they noticed an abnormality under my tongue. I was sent to..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.