- Let's do this togetherWhether you're ready to quit smoking, or just want to learn more about quitting, we have you covered.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience, and thousands of "graduates", AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free and the community is waiting. Join today and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- "I'm proud of myself for coming this far as a non smoker. If any of you are struggling please just keep struggling and don't give in to your craving. It is so worth fighting the fight. I smell great, my..."
- ?"Started to quit smoking on Dec 30th. Quickly ramped down smoking cigs from 30, 15, 8, 3, 3, 6, 2, 2..last one was Jan 7th. Have tried cold turkey, patches and gum before so I tried ecig/vaping. Started with 24mg,..."
- E"So here I am on day 7. I just finished the John Carr book and it gave me a new perspective on quitting. I had quit several times in the past the longest being 4 years, but there was always..."
- b"I have been smoking since I was 16 years old. 11 years later, wishing I never started. My husband and I suffer from infertility and of course smoking doesnt help - trying desperately to quit and start our family. I..."
- L"I started going to my yoga class 4-5 times a week about 3 weeks prior to my quit date. Yoga is all about breathing and by going to so many classes per week I found that I couldn't wait for..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.