- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
Alberta Health Services is piloting an 8-day residential tobacco treatment program.
- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- M"I tried quitting smoking so many times and failed. I finally tried reading that book from Allan Carr, "Easyway to quit". I have been told about this book numerous times but could never figure out how a book would help..."
- ?"I tried to quit 5 times. Now I'm doing it because a family member has a heart condition. And it's better for your health."
- "I'm proud of myself for coming this far as a non smoker. If any of you are struggling please just keep struggling and don't give in to your craving. It is so worth fighting the fight. I smell great, my..."
- ?"Today is the 7 week anniversary that I have been smoke free. I find every opportunity to celebrate, because for 20 years, smoking has owned me. I started when I was 12 years old, in grade 7 when it was..."
- ?"My mother was adamantly vocal against smoking, yet all four of us kids tried it and three of us took it up despite our active lifestyles. I suppose our dad was a cigar smoker in the early years and many..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.