- AlbertaQuits is here to help you stop smoking.The services are free, personal, and have been proven to increase your chances of success.
- AlbertaQuits Presents the BABY STEPS HELP GUIDEA practical, hands-on manual for Health Providers who work with clients who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postpartum.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
Let's do this together
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- ?"Mrs. Tarbox is such an inspiration. She spoke at my school when I was in grade 7 and her message has stuck with me for many years - I'm twenty five years old and have never smoked a cigarette because..."
- "Day 16 this is amazing! I started smoking at 11 & like many others it was the cool thing to do. All my family members smoked. Now 23 years later social standards have changed. Smokers are frowned upon in society...."
- ?"Today is the 7 week anniversary that I have been smoke free. I find every opportunity to celebrate, because for 20 years, smoking has owned me. I started when I was 12 years old, in grade 7 when it was..."
- ?"First off quitting sucks. It really does. No one can do it for you nor is there an easy fix. It"
- ?"I have tried to quit smoking several times - 2,3,4,6 and 8 months was the longest. I would get bitchy and gain lots of weight, so I would go back to smoking. But when my friend told me she quit..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.