- Let's do this togetherWhether you're ready to quit smoking, or just want to learn more about quitting, we have you covered.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience, and thousands of "graduates", AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free and the community is waiting. Join today and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- B"My name is Barb, and I have smoked for 40 years. I can't believe I have been an idiot for that long. I was instantly hooked the first time I tried it at age 13, and eventually went from a..."
- A"This is the fourth time i am trying to quit smoking. I used champix, zyban, nicotine patches, but due to friends, company i keep, and mainly my weakness, i went back to smoking. So, this time I decided to not..."
- "I am the essence of the serial quitter. But this time, I think it will stick. Instead of being in it for the long haul. I am in it one day at a time. It wasn't easy to quit. It..."
- J"Today is my eight year anniversary of quitting. I smoked for 15 years and it took me 7 attempts to quit, but I finally did it. It is so much worth it. My wife says she can hardly remember me..."
- P"After watching Barb' story, I realized that I am not invincible. One day or another, smokes will be stronger than me and it will kill me. It is the honest and genuine truth. I asked myself if it was worth..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.