- Let's do this togetherWhether you're ready to quit smoking, or just want to learn more about quitting, we have you covered.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience, and thousands of "graduates", AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free and the community is waiting. Join today and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- ?"Started to quit smoking on Dec 30th. Quickly ramped down smoking cigs from 30, 15, 8, 3, 3, 6, 2, 2..last one was Jan 7th. Have tried cold turkey, patches and gum before so I tried ecig/vaping. Started with 24mg,..."
- ?"I quit smoking cigaretts finally, after 35 years. A bad addictoin, and they finally made a product that worked for me - champix. I was a heavy smoker. I'm so happy that I'v stoped, and I feel better and so..."
- "Coming up on 11 months, April 28/16, Not one puff , Since My final Quit, Still CT, And Quit Is Solid, Pledging every day, And Commenting On Quitnet. Helping Newbie's. N.O.P.E. = Not one puff ever......"
- J"Finally have become serious about quitting. Made plans I never did before. Have made feeble attempts before. But this time I’m arming myself with more support, aids (gonna use them properly this time by using them as per instructions instead..."
- d"I smoked for 45 years and today I am 6 months without even a puff, I used champex, alberta quits and every smoking aid used by man, I still use the occational gum , but it is better than having..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.