- Let's do this togetherWhether you're ready to quit smoking, or just want to learn more about quitting, we have you covered.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience, and thousands of "graduates", AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free and the community is waiting. Join today and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- A"I didn't use any help from a drug or hypnotherapy. I didn't eat to fill the void I didn't get upset, or agitated. I didn't get mean or violent. I didn't obsess over smoking or take up vaping or chew..."
- s"Wow,this is day number seven for me, I quit because the doctor pretty much told me life or death. I have never felt better and i can actually breath."
- J"Today is my eight year anniversary of quitting. I smoked for 15 years and it took me 7 attempts to quit, but I finally did it. It is so much worth it. My wife says she can hardly remember me..."
- ?"I quit smoking when I got pregnant with my daughter 23 years ago. I had tried quitting before, but this time I had a responsibility to another human being. This made it easier for me. If you are accountable to..."
- ?"At age 45 I knew it was time. I started smoking when I was 11 and had tried to quit a few times before. My children are grown and after seeing some of their grandparents end up with copd, I..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.