- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- ?"I have been a non smoker for 3 years now and I got to tell you that I have not craved a cigarette more as I did when listening to your commercial that you are running about how great it..."
- ?"I am mother of two I smoke occasionally. What made me decide to quit was because someone close to me died from smoking ..my dad. It was 2013 Christmas my dad told me he had cancer and it was smoking..."
- "For anyone who has any type of spiritual thinking in life this has really helped me. Over two years ago I made a commitment to my God that I would quit playing bingo. I have never played again - I..."
- ?"I quit smoking when I got pregnant with my daughter 23 years ago. I had tried quitting before, but this time I had a responsibility to another human being. This made it easier for me. If you are accountable to..."
- ?"I thought it was cool and if I wanted to meet young ladies in the bar I needed to smoke so I started. It was not long when I was smoking a pack a day and it was part of..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.