- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
- AlbertaQuits Presents the BABY STEPS HELP GUIDEA practical, hands-on manual for Health Providers who work with clients who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postpartum.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience and thousands of “graduates”, AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free, the community is waiting and the water is warm.
Dive in and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- A"Tomorrow is one month smoke free. I use nicotine gum to get me through the cravings. I did not plan to quit, I ususally smoke on my drive into work and realized that on Feb 28 I didn't light a..."
- L"I quit last year on February 1 and lasted for 5-1/2 months. I used the patch for a few days then, but couldn't sleep, so I stopped that. I have been smoking for 45 plus years and that was the..."
- "I must have tried to quit smoking dozens of times. I never thought that I would be doing as well as I am right now. I have tried almost every kind of medication out there but nothing seemed to work...."
- J"I've realized there's never going to be a good time to quit. I'm 35, been smoking since 13-. No health problems so far- I just want yo be healthy and happy. I want to be active and fit-. I'm getting..."
- ?"I started smoking in my teens, by age 30 I was a mom of two young boys, smoking a pack a day, desperate to quit so they would not start. I tried to quit at least 20 or 30 times...."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.