- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- ?"Mrs. Tarbox is such an inspiration. She spoke at my school when I was in grade 7 and her message has stuck with me for many years - I'm twenty five years old and have never smoked a cigarette because..."
- T"I just celebrated 18 yrs smoke-free! I never thought I'd make it 18 days, much less 18 years! I had my first cigarette at 13 years old. I was getting teased for being on the honour roll in my first..."
- A"This is the fourth time i am trying to quit smoking. I used champix, zyban, nicotine patches, but due to friends, company i keep, and mainly my weakness, i went back to smoking. So, this time I decided to not..."
- "My Dr. Just told me I have high cholesterol, I have activated protein c resistance which my Dad had and he had 12 heart attacks, triple bypass and I seem to be following in his foot steps other than I..."
- A"Okay....so, like many others I have tried to quit on many occasions....I have tried every "aid" out there, patch burned my skin, gum made me sick, Zyban made me coo coo, Champix didn't work, I even just recently tried that..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.