- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
- AlbertaQuits Presents the BABY STEPS HELP GUIDEA practical, hands-on manual for Health Providers who work with clients who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postpartum.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- ?"Was hooked on nicotine (cigarettes) for 38 years . Got introduced to this program and Champix. It has a 44% success rate. However, Chantix is well known right now for its numerous side effects. These range from the very small,..."
- ?"At age 45 I knew it was time. I started smoking when I was 11 and had tried to quit a few times before. My children are grown and after seeing some of their grandparents end up with copd, I..."
- ?"I smoked over a pack a day for 42 yrs. I started when I was 13 and did not know any other way of life. I loved smoking, or so I thought, and never thought I would ever quit. I..."
- S"I have finally decided to try and quit again. I tried 4 yrs ago on champix and it worked until my ex showed up and he was smoking. I'm ready to do this as 1 it's expensive and 2 There..."
- J"I was a very desperately addicted smoker before the year of 2006. I was desiring to overcome that bad habit because I had quit drinking some time before that, as well as taking street drugs, and believing in some pretty..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.