- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- L"I started going to my yoga class 4-5 times a week about 3 weeks prior to my quit date. Yoga is all about breathing and by going to so many classes per week I found that I couldn't wait for..."
- s"Wow,this is day number seven for me, I quit because the doctor pretty much told me life or death. I have never felt better and i can actually breath."
- B"Hey, this is day 1. I'm taking Champix, for a week now. Real cravings have subsided, but I'm having trouble with "association" smoking. Having morning coffee, but worse, I'm on pain medication and have always smoked heavily on those bad..."
- ?"Today is the 7 week anniversary that I have been smoke free. I find every opportunity to celebrate, because for 20 years, smoking has owned me. I started when I was 12 years old, in grade 7 when it was..."
- J"Today is my eight year anniversary of quitting. I smoked for 15 years and it took me 7 attempts to quit, but I finally did it. It is so much worth it. My wife says she can hardly remember me..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.