- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- L"Every pack comes with a little card, the same warnings as on the front/back of the pack. Well there is one card that has a quit date spot. I picked August 1st 2015 and failed! I then decided I would..."
- ?"I smoked a pack per day for more than 30 years and thoroughly enjoyed it the whole time. I'm slim, physically fit, have regular physical checkups that show my cholesterol to be lower than average, so the smoking won't negatively..."
- "My Dr. Just told me I have high cholesterol, I have activated protein c resistance which my Dad had and he had 12 heart attacks, triple bypass and I seem to be following in his foot steps other than I..."
- ?"I first saw Barb Tarbox's story on Global TV a number of years ago while still living (and smoking) in Vancouver. Coincentally, at the time I was in the beginning stages of quitting - cold turkey - smoked for almost..."
- "I must have tried to quit smoking dozens of times. I never thought that I would be doing as well as I am right now. I have tried almost every kind of medication out there but nothing seemed to work...."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.