- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
- AlbertaQuits Presents the BABY STEPS HELP GUIDEA practical, hands-on manual for Health Providers who work with clients who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postpartum.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- "Day 16 this is amazing! I started smoking at 11 & like many others it was the cool thing to do. All my family members smoked. Now 23 years later social standards have changed. Smokers are frowned upon in society...."
- ?"Until 32 days ago, I had smoked continuously for 18 years. I had unsuccessfully tried to quit before on 5 or 6 occasions, and had tried Zyban, Champix, the patch, the gum, the Easy Way book, various types of hypnosis,..."
- L"My parents had both quit before I was born, and smoking was always something they were against. When my brother turned 16 my mother started smoking again, and I remember crying! I was so upset and confused. I found it..."
- s"I have not had a cigarette since August 2014. I will never be a "non smoker". To me, a non smoker is like my mom who never smoked in her life. I will probably always be a smoker, but like..."
- ?"I used to smoke 2 packs a day and tried to quit twice, first time tried one of those regulators, you know the ones that slowly ween you off cigarettes, you smoke normally for 1 week then it slowly starts..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.