- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- J"I was a very desperately addicted smoker before the year of 2006. I was desiring to overcome that bad habit because I had quit drinking some time before that, as well as taking street drugs, and believing in some pretty..."
- ?"I smoked for 22 years -from 16 to 38- and never thought I would be able to do it. The turning point for me was going for an eye exam, and the doctor asking if I smoked, because there was..."
- D"I think I had my first drag when I was about 8. I am the youngest of 4, I caught them smoking,threatened to tell ended up joining them instead. I started smoking full time around 16 when I got my..."
- "Day 16 this is amazing! I started smoking at 11 & like many others it was the cool thing to do. All my family members smoked. Now 23 years later social standards have changed. Smokers are frowned upon in society...."
- ?"I am on day 9 of being a non smoker. Not looking back. Ever. THANK YOU BARB TARBOX. You made the biggest impact on me. When my 3 year old son grows up and I am STILL here-I'll teach him..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.