- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
- AlbertaQuits Presents the BABY STEPS HELP GUIDEA practical, hands-on manual for Health Providers who work with clients who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postpartum.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience and thousands of “graduates”, AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free, the community is waiting and the water is warm.
Dive in and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- S"I had quit on July 26. I quit for more than 1 reason, mainly to use the money that i used to buy smokes to get groceries in my house. I have 4 little hamsters to think of too,..."
- j"I smoked for 40 years and smoking is cravings like wild fire. what is a cig-its a pinch of tobacco with fire on one side and a fool on the other side. I have stage 4 copd with emphazma on..."
- A"Aug.1 2015 l saw a commercial on tv offering help with smoking. Thought it was another company wanting to make money on my addiction but l wanted to quit smoking more than anything so thought what the heck. One of..."
- S"I have finally decided to try and quit again. I tried 4 yrs ago on champix and it worked until my ex showed up and he was smoking. I'm ready to do this as 1 it's expensive and 2 There..."
- A"I didn't use any help from a drug or hypnotherapy. I didn't eat to fill the void I didn't get upset, or agitated. I didn't get mean or violent. I didn't obsess over smoking or take up vaping or chew..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.