- Let's do this togetherWhether you're ready to quit smoking, or just want to learn more about quitting, we have you covered.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience, and thousands of "graduates", AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free and the community is waiting. Join today and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- "I am, as of today a 5 day non-smoker. I am feeling better everyday and after 20 years of smoking I knew it wasn't gonna be easy. My girlfriend still smokes and has no plans on quitting anytime soon. She..."
- "I'm proud of myself for coming this far as a non smoker. If any of you are struggling please just keep struggling and don't give in to your craving. It is so worth fighting the fight. I smell great, my..."
- ?"I used to smoke 2 packs a day and tried to quit twice, first time tried one of those regulators, you know the ones that slowly ween you off cigarettes, you smoke normally for 1 week then it slowly starts..."
- ?"When I was young everybody smoked. Every adult I knew just seemed to love it. It seemed very glamorous. Everybody in my family smoked. I first started smoking when I was 13. When I got married my husband was also..."
- ?"Started smoking when I was 6, before I even formed a personality, addictive or not. Started to quit when I was in my 30's and continued trying to quit until I was 46. Tried everything...allergic to Zyban (hives reaction), cold..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.