- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
- AlbertaQuits Presents the BABY STEPS HELP GUIDEA practical, hands-on manual for Health Providers who work with clients who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postpartum.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
With proven results, years of experience and thousands of “graduates”, AlbertaQuits is here to help you make your life smoke-free. The services are free, the community is waiting and the water is warm.
Dive in and change your life.
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- "The week of Sept. 19: Sitting at my computer, smoking a cigarette, I reach up to a shelf and instantly feel a tightness in my left side of my chest. I go take an aspirin and it subsides. Sept. 20:..."
- ?"At age 45 I knew it was time. I started smoking when I was 11 and had tried to quit a few times before. My children are grown and after seeing some of their grandparents end up with copd, I..."
- ?"I am mother of two I smoke occasionally. What made me decide to quit was because someone close to me died from smoking ..my dad. It was 2013 Christmas my dad told me he had cancer and it was smoking..."
- J"I quit over 10 years ago. I really credit Barb Tarbox. The ads on T.V. With her talking about her kids and having to leave them early in their lives and all the things she would miss really hit home..."
- ?"I'm 48 years old and first started smoking when I was almost 14. I've quit a few times, the longest being 6 years and all by quitting cold turkey. When I started smoking again after quitting for 6 years (major..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.