- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- J"Today is my eight year anniversary of quitting. I smoked for 15 years and it took me 7 attempts to quit, but I finally did it. It is so much worth it. My wife says she can hardly remember me..."
- "I am, as of today a 5 day non-smoker. I am feeling better everyday and after 20 years of smoking I knew it wasn't gonna be easy. My girlfriend still smokes and has no plans on quitting anytime soon. She..."
- ?"I used to smoke 2 packs a day and tried to quit twice, first time tried one of those regulators, you know the ones that slowly ween you off cigarettes, you smoke normally for 1 week then it slowly starts..."
- ?"While walking my dog, I decided to run 40k on my fortieth birthday. Three months into training I made the biggest decision of my life, I know it has saved my life and empowered my girls to never start smoking...."
- J"I quit over 10 years ago. I really credit Barb Tarbox. The ads on T.V. With her talking about her kids and having to leave them early in their lives and all the things she would miss really hit home..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.