- Let's do this togetherWhether you're considering quitting smoking, or have made the decision to quit smoking, the help you are looking for is right here.
- AlbertaQuits Presents the BABY STEPS HELP GUIDEA practical, hands-on manual for Health Providers who work with clients who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postpartum.
- Residential Tobacco Treatment ProgramDoes this describe you?
"I smoke 25 or more cigarettes per day. I have tried to quit multiple times. I experience significant discomfort with withdrawal when I don’t use tobacco."
AlbertaQuits can help you stop smoking
AlbertaQuits Online offers you FREE web-based support 24/7.
As a AlbertaQuits member you will receive a personalized dashboard, supportive timely notifications, interactive activities, a guided quit plan and community support.
FREE personalized support from trained Cessation Counsellor.
Open 8am - 8pm seven days a week our Cessation Counsellor will help you develop a quit plan, deal with cravings, and provide ongoing support to keep you motivated.
Get 24/7 support whenever you need it, wherever you are.
Our text program delivers evidence-based, supportive messages based on your quit date. You can use keywords at any time for additional support.
- Group support
Get the support of a group under the guidance of a professional.
Come together to share your experiences, struggles and milestones with one another. Hear from other people just like you and share in each others strengths.
AlbertaQuits wants to stamp out smoking across Alberta
The numbers speak for themselves:
Who is it for?
If you currently smoke and are looking for help to quit, or have recently quit and are looking for support, you are in the right place. Want to support a friend or family member? We have you covered. Are you a healthcare professional who wants to make a difference? We have the tools you need.
- ?"I started smoking when i was 14 because i thought it was cool. I had tried to quit but just couldn't do it. All my friends would call me names because i wanted to quit, so me being a follower..."
- A"Okay....so, like many others I have tried to quit on many occasions....I have tried every "aid" out there, patch burned my skin, gum made me sick, Zyban made me coo coo, Champix didn't work, I even just recently tried that..."
- ?"We had moved in to our new place in 2011 and I realized the stairs were steep. My basement was my walk in from outside, so only laundry, storage, entertainment room downstairs and a bathroom, everything upstairs. Well after going..."
- "Coming up on 11 months, April 28/16, Not one puff , Since My final Quit, Still CT, And Quit Is Solid, Pledging every day, And Commenting On Quitnet. Helping Newbie's. N.O.P.E. = Not one puff ever......"
- ?"I too was successful using the Quitcore program! I had been a pack a day smoker for 36 years and tried absolutely everything to quit smoking more than a dozen times without lasting success. Quitcore is a program that teaches..."
A big part of your success is going to be leaning on others. Don't worry you will be helping others too. The community, the stories, the quit coaches. They all work together to build success.
Increase your chances of success by getting involved.