• Author
  • Topic
Carolyn
Quit 4,173 days ago

Repost: When Death Comes Knocking.................

April 20, 2017
Report this post

Repost: When Death Comes Knocking.........

Interesting read. Gotta run. Have a great day. Cara D4054

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

When Death Comes Knocking……………….. From: addictedanalysis Date: 2012-12-04 14:33:20 Message: When Death Comes Knocking………………..

As an addict and reflecting on the past I have come to realize that I had a certain fascination with death as I think all addicts do. We like to see how far we can take things, see how far we can push our bodies until they either break or give in.

I remember staying up for days on a coke binge waiting for the end, waiting for my heart to explode out of my chest, but it wouldn’t, it was always willing and able to do another line, another drink, when we indulge in substances that allow us to feel what we are doing, the perception changes.

Unfortunately with cigarettes, they kill us from the inside out, in most cases you won’t even know you are sick until it’s too late. Lung Cancer doesn’t really give you a chance to see what’s going on in your body. It grows unnoticed until you either get that pain in your back or you cough up some blood, by then it’s already done the damage.

Quitting Smoking Is Not Hard, We Just Make It That Way!

Ten years ago I lost an important person in my life, he was the brother I never had, and he died because he chose to ignore the signs, ignore what his body was telling him, and then it was too late. He died from Lung Cancer caused by smoking. He smoked right up until the end, knowing that no matter what he did, he had lost. He had the opportunities to quit, just never did, it was always easier to smoke then to go through the hassle or aggravation of quitting.

We all know that Death Is Coming, how are you going to answer when it comes knocking?

You have a chance, don’t waste it.

AA

Sign in to reply

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment