• Author
  • Topic
Brian3

Welcome to the General Discussion Forum

February 2, 2018
Report this post

Thinking of Quitting? Recently Quit? Quit for some time.

Wherever you are along the journey of quitting your use of tobacco, you will find support here.

My name is Brian and I am your moderator. Along with our regular members, I am here to provide additional assistance and support. Please follow our simple guidelines to ensure a positive experience for all our participants.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

Sign in to reply
  • E
    Emmjae
    Quit 182 days ago
    6 months ago #

Day 2 for me. Bought some lozenges just in case and have had 3 lozenges in 2 days. Wanted to do cold turkey but read that success results are higher with help so I am using them but only when the cravings are really bad. Sometimes feeling good, other times very angry or feeling like crying. Feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. I know it will be worth it. Proud of my self for taking the step.

• Brian3
      6 months ago #

Welcome to the group Emmjae. Congratulations on starting your Quit Journey. Absolutely be proud. As you have found lots of support here, which is the key to success. Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,562 days ago
    6 months ago #

Welcome Emmjae and congrats on your brave and fantastic choice. Feel free to post the ups and downs because it helps. There is a lot of links and information on this site because information and education can help. It is bumpy at first so buckle up and hang on. My brother told m for years that life without having to smoke is better. Now I know it is true. Fight for it.

• E
      Emmjae
      Quit 182 days ago
      6 months ago #

Thank you M.M.

Almost end of day 3, I will continue to fight. I find myself getting angry more easily, and physical side effects (headache/insomnia/loss of focus) has been challenging. I am going moment by moment and celebrating the small victories right now.

Thanks for the message!

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    6 months ago #

Just quit smoking on June 11th. Day 3. It's not as bad as I thought it would be but there are moments when it takes everything I have not to run to the store.

• E
      Emmjae
      Quit 182 days ago
      6 months ago #

I am also day 3....at times been taking everything to not cry or punch someone. Keep it up!! We’re doing it!!

• M
        MammaD
        Quitting in 5 days
        6 months ago #

It is tough. I'm an instant gratification gal and it's just not happening, lol. This is my fourth genuine attempt to quit but this time I think I can do it. After 45 years of smoking I am now starting to feel it in my lungs. It sucks. Are you doing cold turkey or using NRT? I have as much stuff in my arsenal to quit as I could find. Stay strong Emmjae!

• E
          Emmjae
          Quit 182 days ago
          6 months ago #

Thanks MammaD! I quit twice in the last 5 years cold turkey. One for a year and then we lost our home and neighborhood to fire and I started again. Then 2 years ago cold turkey for 3 months but restarted as well. This time I’m using NRT after reading it gives you a higher chance of success.

I will share my “day 4 finest moment”.....I was immensely irritated at the condition of the staff kitchen this morning at 6:30. We have some dishes for employees to use in a user maintained area. The sink was full of dirty dishes and we had visitors coming. I washed the dishes by throwing them all away. I am a manager and I think that my staff might think that I’ve completely lost my marbles!!

• Brian3
      6 months ago #

Welcome MammaD. Congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking. One of the key to success is having support. You will find it here for sure.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• M
        MammaD
        Quitting in 5 days
        6 months ago #

Thank you Brian. I am so thankful for this site. I think I have read all of the information three times. I am feeling confident even after a very rocky day 5, that I will be successful this time. Cheers

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,562 days ago
    6 months ago #

Welcome Mamma D. Any quit can be the forever quit and something was learned from every one of the attempts. You and Emmjae could totally tag team. Strategy and having someone on the same page can be useful. It takes a village. It is nice to have new people and we love quitters. It is doable and it really is worth it. Healthier and wealthier.

• M
      MammaD
      Quitting in 5 days
      6 months ago #

Thank you m.m. I always said my momma didn't raise any quitters - hopefully I am wrong lol. Day 5 has been the roughest yet but I have no doubt that it will all calm down. Staying strong and am so happy to have joined the forum. It is great getting support from former smokers - it give me faith. Cheers

• tman55
    Quit 1,692 days ago
    6 months ago #

Emmjae and MammaD welcome. It's kinda cool you are both on the same day quit. You have both made such a life changing decision. I can't tell you just how good it is to be done with that BS. One day at a time. Take pleasure in kicking your junkie in the guts everyday.

• M
      MammaD
      Quitting in 5 days
      6 months ago #

Thanks tman55 - I am very grateful for your support.

• tman55
    Quit 1,692 days ago
    6 months ago #

"Hell week" is almost over. That's a major hurdle out of the way. Keep fighting the good fight.

• E
    Emmjae
    Quit 182 days ago
    6 months ago #

Thank you tman55!! Day 5 evening was brutal! I was going out of my mind so I put on my running shoes and ran 3 km (never would dream to as a smoker). Today I ran 5 and although I’ll be pretty sore I’m so proud of myself this was impossible even a week ago!

• tman55
      Quit 1,692 days ago
      6 months ago #

Awesome.... my go to exercise is pickleball. Exercise is a great way to cope with craves.

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    6 months ago #

Well here I am at the end of day 8. This has been the worst day so far. Will it keep getting worse before it gets better? I have kept myself locked up at home today to avoid the temptation. I don't think about smoking or cigarettes it's all feelings that come upon me. Is this still withdrawal or is it now mental aspect? I can't find any useful information on line about this so if anyone could please give me feedback, I would be so grateful. Cheers!

• m
      m.m.
      Quit 1,562 days ago
      6 months ago #

Hey MammaD what you are going through is called hell week. The start of a quit is very uncomfortable and slippery. The painting ' The scream' is the way I felt. The bad news is that smoking did this to you. The good news is that it gets better every day but only if you do not smoke. Now that will be tough because every fibre in your body is telling you that you need that hit of the drug that made you dependant. Your subconscious will be directing you to have that puff. So key here is N.O.P.E. no matter what. You have to override your self in a sense. You will become hyper aware of cigarettes in your environment. You are at war. They are the enemy. When you win this war the bounty, the loot, the spoils are health and wealth with the bonus of time. So worth it. Fight.

• M
        MammaD
        Quitting in 5 days
        6 months ago #

Hi m.m., thank you so much for your support! It certainly can be a battle. When the going gets too rough I run home and hide away from any temptations. It may not be the best but it's working for now. The next day and today have been so much better and I sure hope it keeps going down this path.

• Brian3
    6 months ago #

The beginning stage can be quite difficult for most people. Withdrawal can last for several weeks so hang in there. If you haven't check out this page of ideas on our website: ( https://www.albertaquits.ca/quitting/staying-on-track ) This page includes info about withdrawal, managing cravings and stress management.

Also have a look at this page: ( https://www.albertaquits.ca/quitting/preparing ) Information about triggers, controlling your environment and an excellent video called Mindful Smoking. The video contains tips on how to break the patterns smoking has in your daily life.

Hang in there, Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• M
      MammaD
      Quitting in 5 days
      6 months ago #

Thank you Brian. I have taken up yoga and meditation and they seem to help. I'm also just waiting for the next session of walk to run to quit. Also bought a bike with my new found fortune lol. Just wondering, I have been smoke free for almost 10 days and have not experienced the quit cough. Does everyone get it? Maybe mine is just delayed?

• Brian3
        6 months ago #

Good Plans MammaD

Some people do seem to cough more than usual after stopping smoking. The cough is usually temporary and may be a sign of the lungs starting to heal. It is not a very common symptom of withdrawal.

Cigarette smoke paralyzes and damages thousands of tiny hair-like projections in our lungs called cilia. When you stop smoking, cilia start to function again, which can prompt you to cough.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    6 months ago #

Well it is day 14 - I would never have guessed three weeks ago that I would be this far along in a quit. I hadn't picked a quit day, just one morning I smoked my last three cigarettes and said to myself that's it, I feel like crap and I'm done with this. I have only had three bad days so far, the worst being day 8. I know that I have struggles ahead of me - the last time I quit I made it 7 weeks before I threw in the towel. That was 8 years ago. This time I want to make it my final quit and will do everything and anything it takes to never smoke another cigarette again. I want to thank everyone on this site for the support they have given to me :)

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,562 days ago
    6 months ago #

Hey MammaD, Any quit can be the forever quit. You took the leap and that is good. Every smoker out there wants to quit on some level. We all chose to maintain the fiction that smoking was working for us no matter the cost. But the costs add up. Something we all have in common is the memory of that lost quit. Most of us try many times. Carolyn once lost a quit she had for twelve years. I had successfully quit when I was twenty five years old. o the other side of the coin is that any quit can be lost. So the trick here is to keep you here on this side of good. What is working for me is I am not longing for a smoke in any way. That took some time and some retraining so there is no cost to not smoking. That took about a year to get most of the bugs out. Then the other bit that helps is counting the days, the dollars and the smokes not smoked. The benefits are measurable. I am looking forward to 40,000 smokes not smoked and $20,000.00. That's worth so much more then just a drag, or one puff. Smoking that butt left in the ashtray knocked me off my quit so many times. So keep reading, keep breathing and keep not smoking. Keep posting.

• d
    daled
    6 months ago #

I am back to try to quit again. My cardiologist recommended this site and I told him I would try it. I have tried to quit a few times in the past and hope to make it a forever plan this time. I have chosen July 16 as a quit date and look for any help I can get. Also trying to get the wife back on a quit plan but not havin success yet. Any suggestions would help short of divorce.

• Brian3
      5 months ago #

Congrats Daled on making the decision to start your Quit Journey. Planning ahead is really important so take the time between now and your quit date to start monitoring your cigarettes. This will give you a good idea of when and where you are smoking and let you know what High Risks or triggers you will be facing when you hit your quit date. The easiest way to monitor your smoking is to create a "Pack Wrap" for your self. Follow this link for an example you can print off.

https://www.apa.org/pubs/videos/pack-wrap-log.pdf

Once you have an idea of your High Risks, make plans for how you will deal with them, including who/what will be your supports.

Putting things to paper really makes a difference.

You got this. Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• BobbieB
    Quit 294 days ago
    6 months ago #

Haha Daled! Make sure to let me know- my husband is still smoking. Quitting is a pretty personal decision. So basically i think all you can do is get her on board with you quitting. Ie- not smoking inside, in the vehicle, putting butts away etc. But hey if you cpme across something else let me know for sure lol!

• Vito
    Quit 164 days ago
    5 months ago #

Glad to finally join and, of course, be smoke free. Champix was my assistant of choice and, after many other attempts with other tools, found there is nothing like it. Thankfully the side-effects have been weak for me.

Chatting up this forum seems like a nice place to pat ourselves and others on the back at milestones, weekly, daily, or just whenever it helps relieve the craving.

Congrats to all of you who have been smoke free for more than a day and feel good about making it a lot more days.

• Vito
      Quit 164 days ago
      5 months ago #

Perhaps now I can stop resetting my quit date. It sure has been getting cheaper already though. : )

• Brian3
      5 months ago #

Congrats Vitor on your Quit. This is the place to find support and ideas on how to be a success. Glad to hear that the Champix is working our for you. Plan ahead for our cravings so that they don't catch you off guard.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    5 months ago #

Just passed my 3 week quit. Not the easiest journey - but getting it done. Still don't have a lot of motivation but no more wheezing at night fabulous! We had a very stressful week as we almost lost our beloved 4 legged family member. The temptation to smoke was overwhelming but I used the support I have gotten on this site and asked myself - will smoking change what is happening - NO. Will smoking help me through this time - NO. Will smoking relax me - NO. What will it do for me then? Absolutely nothing is the honest answer - so I just told myself - NO. Looking forward to the next milestone of 3 months but for me it is a rough road. Thanks for listening.

• Neets
      Quit 177 days ago
      5 months ago #

I may be 5 days behind you on this quit journey but I must say I am really proud of you for how you've handled the stress of the day! Saying NO is not the easiest thing to do at any time but when a day like today happens it's ten times worse...and you did it anyway. Congratulations on a day well handled!

• Brian3
      5 months ago #

Great Job MammaD. Support to achieve your goals is key. Glad you were able to reach out. Love your NO statements. Every day is a milestone. Keep moving forward.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    5 months ago #

I agree. I have experienced the loss of a furry friend many times, and it is the saddest thing ever. Thank goodness you still have your friend with you. I have 2 dogs and four cats so I will experience it again, but I would never trade the love, and companionship, and fun for anything in the world. Congratulations on your strength. You've got this!

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    5 months ago #

Hit the one month milestone today yay!!!! Some days are great, some days are awful, but I can't believe a whole month has passed by. I keep hanging onto the thread that it will get easier, I sure with they had a pill for this lol.

• Brian3
      4 months ago #

Great Work MammaD, Congrats on hit your milestone.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    5 months ago #

Congratulations MammaD! It is a very hard process, but it's doable, and you are proving that. If you aren't using NRT I find them VERY helpful. Hang in there!

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,562 days ago
    5 months ago #

Hey Mamma D congrats on one month in!!!!! Such good news. Balloons and cake. You are on the platform! Going from thinking about it to doing it probably the biggest hurdle. The first few steps can be wobbly but so were the first steps you took from crawling to walking. For me, I had to learn to smoke and then I had to learn how not to smoke. Keep posting and start counting the ways not smoking is working for you. After a month I bet your pocket book feel better. Believe me you are fighting for you. Worth it.

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    5 months ago #

At the end of week six. Holy smoly - and I am so happy! Thank you all for the support you have given. I come onto the site daily and read all the new postings. They give me strength to continue. Even though there is no magic pill I have found that quitting is definitely doable. Cheers!

• m
      m.m.
      Quit 1,562 days ago
      5 months ago #

It gets better every hour. It takes practice. My first year I had to see myself in every circumstance where I would have smoked not smoke. My first party, vacation, Christmas and the like. Forty days is fantastic. Keep posting.

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    5 months ago #

Congratulations MammaD. Such an accomplishment. I'm on your heels, and hope that I always will be. Let's stay quit forever. You are definitely right about each, and every circumstance m.m. There are several situations I am putting myself in to see if I can handle them smoke free. I have succeeded at all of them, but there are a few that were a little more difficult. I will revisit those places in the future. I simply don't need the stress. I love my new life, and I will protect my body from those awful sick sticks no matter what it takes.

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    4 months ago #

Here I am hanging my head. I congratulated myself at the end of 7 weeks quit with a day of smoking. What was I thinking? I don't know? That was Sunday and today is Tuesday - I have not smoked since, but it brought back the old desire. I think if there is a bright star in this russian roulette lesson is that the one day I smoked left me feeling awful physically. My lungs hurt, my head ached, my mouth tasted like - well you remember. It has given me a new kick to not do that again. So here I start my Quit Journey #2.

• Brian3
      4 months ago #

MammaD, use the slip as a learning. Make some plans for how you may deal with a similar situation in the future. Congrats for getting back on the Journey.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    4 months ago #

I think you should just continue on with Journey # 1. It was just a slip, and thats o.k. You learned from it, and will never never do it again. Right? Maybe this time have some nicotine replacements handy.. It works for me. I don't think you should start over. Just move on. Head held high

• M
      MammaD
      Quitting in 5 days
      4 months ago #

Thank you for your support Terrilee. I am using NRT. Funny thing is that I wasn't craving, I just made an active decision to smoke? Went to the store, purchased a pack and smoked them - all of them. A stupid active decision but one no less. I know slips are normal and I wasn't sure if I needed to start Journey #2 because I smoke a whole pack or if I could stay on #1 lol. I really don't want to smoke and it did make me feel awful so why did I do it? Who knows. I read through my quit journal today for a reminder of what the beginning quits days were like and they weren't fun lol

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    4 months ago #

This was a message I received today from AB Quits

Failure is in Not Trying

"There is no failure except in no longer trying."Ebert Hubbard." Keep focusing on the positive and keep trying-that is the way to keep quit. If you slip, so what! Get on with the quit and keep going.

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,562 days ago
    4 months ago #

Hey MammaD, good for you for posting and great response terrilee. This goal to get free of addiction is indeed challenging and many people throw in the towel when they slip but that is only till the next bit of reality kicks you back to square one. Never quit quitting but our hope here is to grab your hand till you get past the bumpy bits. There will be bumpy bits. The best place is when the desire is completely gone and that is completely with in your reach. Doable.

• E
    Emmjae
    Quit 182 days ago
    4 months ago #

Mama D congrats for sticking to your quit despite a setback! Most often we would fall back into the habit. I believe we can learn from setbacks to help us in the future. I recently read a quick smoking book by Allan Carr which I found quite helpful. I’m no expert by any means I’m nearing week 8, however it did help me as I just vacationed and didn’t feel deprived being around my old friends and family while they smoked.

Cheers :)

• o
    oocypeanut
    Quit 117 days ago
    4 months ago #

Hello all!! Day 2 of being smoke free & it's a tough day. While I do have a prescription for Champix, I'm going to wait & see if I can quit without. Will be keeping myself Very busy today. :) Just curious: anyone here from Penhold? Looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

• Brian3
      4 months ago #

Congratulations Oocypeanut on making the decision to start your Quit Journey. Use whatever support you can to make this work. You will increase your chances of being successful by using the Champix. Welcome to the support community. Lots of great experience here.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,562 days ago
    4 months ago #

Welcome. Not from Penhold but happy to be from Alberta. Congrats on day two! Feel free to join our pledge chain and tell us about your why you have stepped up to healthier and wealthier. There is a lot of info on this site and what ever your circumstance there is help here.

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    4 months ago #

Yes. Welcome! Congratulations on day 2. If you are struggling give that Champix a try. Whatever it takes to stay quit. I am also not from Penhold, but I'm a proud Albertan. Please join us, and pledge to stay quit. It's lots of fun, and lots of excellent support. You've Got This.

• tman55
      Quit 1,692 days ago
      4 months ago #

Champix was my saviour!! Whatever it takes to kick the addicts ass you have to do. We will support all we can. Dig in and get ready for a scrap!! You can do this!!

• o
    oocypeanut
    Quit 117 days ago
    4 months ago #
  • L
    Leona
    Quit 115 days ago
    4 months ago #

I have recently been diagnosed with COPD, trying very hard to quit as I want to be able to play with my 7 grandchildren. I am only using the nicorette lozenge's as I can't chew gum at all. I have done the champix before and it made me sick, have tried the patches but they made me sleep horribly and I figure this is my next shot at actually quittng. I just found this site today so hoping this will help me as well. I have already quit smoking at work, quit smoking in my truck (boy does it smell better) and I haven't smoked in my home in over 10 years as I didn't like the smell in the house. I have been a smoker for over 40 years so I think most of my issue's come from habit.

• Brian3
      4 months ago #

Hi Leona. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis of COPD. As you know stopping smoking is the best thing you can do for your health. Congrats on making the decision to start your Quit Journey today. Using an NRT increases your chances of being successful. To get the right dosage of any of the products work with your local pharmacist. Welcome to our community. Lots of great experience here.

Keep working at it. Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,562 days ago
    4 months ago #

Welcome Leona. Glad that you reached out for help. You are correct when you say it is habit and it looks like you have already made some important changes. Health is what got me to the tipping point and that clearly has got your attention. There is a how to get this done and we would love to help you get out of the trap. Healthier and wealthier is the pay off. Feel free to post at the bottom of our pledges. Stop taking in toxic substances, do take in good substances and move! You can do this.

• L
      Leona
      Quit 115 days ago
      4 months ago #

Thank you M.M. I look forward to my non smoking days and being healthier and wealthier

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    4 months ago #

Hi Leona. I use to sleep poorly on the patch as well. Now I take it off around 7pm and all is well. Hubby puts a new one on me every morning while I'm still sleeping so I am good to go for a new day. If you don't have someone who can help in the am then make putting on a new patch the first thing you do. Hope this helps, and welcome.

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    4 months ago #

Well here is my quit round #2. Made it 2 months and then relapsed. It's been one week of smoking and I already feel yucky. Today is quit day #1. I read a post by Terrilee regarding QuitCore so even though it is a 40 minute drive, I have signed up. Also started the Walk to Run to Quit program this past Tuesday. The fellow who manages the Running Room location told me he used lollipops when quitting, so I bought 200 of them haha. I know where I went wrong (I just need to find a way to shut the voices up in my head lol). I am now aware that I need all the help I can get. Cheers!

• Brian3
      4 months ago #

That is it MammaD, pick yourself up and keep moving forward. Plan ahead for those times that you now know are High Risk for you. Support is the key. Both programs are really good. Welcome back.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    4 months ago #

Welcome Back MammaD. I've had an army with me every step of the way. Quit Core is very helpful. This site, the patch, the spray, the lozenges , family, and friend support, naps, and on and on. I will see you at the 5k run/walk in Oct. I agree those voices in your head are brutal. Such a terrible friend these smokes were. Again Welcome Back! You can do this. You know you can.

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,562 days ago
    4 months ago #

Cheers to you MamaD. We are here for you. There are many battles when you go to war with nicotine. But to the victor goes the spoils. The spoils being health, wealth and happiness. Time and money is what that tobacco corp is taking from you. I am coming up on my fourth year and I am looking forward to 40,000 cigarettes not smoked. And believe me I would have smoked them had I not stepped up and fought back. It is not a puff, a drag or a pack. It is thousands and thousands of harmful chemical sucked into you. It is dependency and that dependency can be changed. Free at last!!!!!

• Z
    ZameelBharmal
    Quit 123 days ago
    3 months ago #

Hi Brian, I am 13 days into my quit program and I feel nauseous some days. I know that it has been smoky the last couple of weeks and maybe it has to do with that? Or am I feeling like that because I have quit and it is just part of the process of quitting?

• M
      MammaD
      Quitting in 5 days
      3 months ago #

Hi Zameel, welcome to Alberta Quits. It is not unusual to feel nauseous. Symptoms can be varied with each individual. If I am feeling funky or out of sorts I automatically put my finger on the withdrawal. Keep the faith in yourself and hang on dearly to your sense of humour - both are very important. I have found this site and the people engaged in the forum to be extremely supportive and we are all here for you.

• Z
        ZameelBharmal
        Quit 123 days ago
        3 months ago #

Thanks MammaD for the support!! I feel great knowing that I am doing this for me and my health.

• Brian3
      3 months ago #

Hi Zameel, Symptoms of nicotine withdrawal typically peak within two to three days and often go away in two to four weeks. Some people may experience nicotine withdrawal for several months. Hang in there, if the nausea persists, seek help through your family Doctor.

Congrats on the progress you have made so far.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    3 months ago #

Hey Brian. Was thinking about you so I thought I would say Hello, and see how you are. :)

• Brian3
      3 months ago #

I am doing really good Terrilee, thanks for asking. Plugging away here at work, looking out the window at the snow. :( Looks like you have hit another milestone, Congrats.

Talk soon, Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    3 months ago #

Thank you. My personal one is 100 days. Just around the corner.

• JCP
    Quit 51 days ago
    2 months ago #

Thank you, I am only 3 days in and I find myself short tempered that is for sure.

• tman55
      Quit 1,692 days ago
      2 months ago #

Hey JCP...that is why they call it "hell week". You will find lots of support here if you want to pledge each day but it all begins with you. You obviously want to quit so dig in and get ready for a good scrap. Trust us...if you can get a week in you can feel yourself winning the fight. Good luck.

• Brian3
      2 months ago #

Welcome to the Community JCP and congratulations on deciding to start your Quit Journey. Withdrawal will take some time and the key is to make changes in your routine and plug into supports. This is a great place to find out what has worked for people and get help along the way.

• cindy1965
    Quit 49 days ago
    2 months ago #

hi my name is cindy and i am in the process of trying to quit smoking i am in enrolled in the quitcore program in canmore, alberta i just started the class on september 18 2018 and i am really hoping that i can do this .

• Brian3
      2 months ago #

Congrats Cindy1965 on making the decision to start your Quit Journey. The QuitCore program is a great way to get the tools that you will need to be successful. The key is planning ahead and getting the support you will need. This community is full of people who will support you along the way. Lots of quit experience here.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    2 months ago #

Hi Cindy. I've been quit for 101 days now, and I attended the last quit core class. I found it so helpful. I learned more than I expected to. If you focus, and approach this quit as if your life depended on it, you will be ok. Let's face it. Your life does depend on it. You can do this!

• cindy1965
      Quit 49 days ago
      2 months ago #

thank you terry i am going to give it my best i have tried to quit before but never did it and i am ready to qto it now

• BobbieB
        Quit 294 days ago
        2 months ago #

Hi Cindy! :) awesome decision ur making to become smoke free!!

• d
    daled
    2 months ago #

I keep threatening to quit but have not been able to yet. Cut cigarettes down by half. Tried patches and helped but not quit yet, am thinking of Champix. Can I do both at once when my day comes to quit. Really setting sights on Oct 17 when mpre smoking bans come into place. Would really like to find someway to quit. Also trying to get wife to quit with me.

• Brian3
      2 months ago #

You are on the right path Daled. Cutting down is a good strategy to start. Glad to hear that you have set a quit date. Combining Champix and another Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) can increase your chances of being successful. Work through your doctor or pharmacist to make sure you are getting the right combination. The most common combo therapy people use is patch plus gum or patch plus lozenge. Support is important as well. This community has a lot of experience. If your wife will quit with you that is a bonus.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• d
        daled
        2 months ago #

Checked with druggist and told to defineitly not use Champix and patches or any nicotine replacement as they work against one another. Have my champix and setting quit date for Oct 10. Hodpefully this is my final attempt to quit.

• Brian3
          2 months ago #

Working with your Pharmacist is a really good plan. Keep working towards your quit date. Keep positive.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• d
          daled
          1 month ago #

Made up mind and both wife and I quit Oct 16 after being on Chamix for 8 days. Haven't had a cigarette since and cravings aren't too bad. I believe we will do it this time as we are both committed. No more taxes to government for us. If only we could get a way from income taxes ha ha.

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    2 months ago #

Here I am at Quit Round #2. I caved about a month ago and have been happily smoking since. I had planned to quit on October 5th as we have 4 days off of work. I was diagnosed with pneumonia yesterday and this morning when I was having my smoke and coffee and coughing so hard I thought to myself 'what are you waiting for???' Lets just do this. So I slapped on a patch and popped a lozenge in my mouth and here I go :) My big concern is that I am pretty exhausted and won't be able to keep myself busy enough. Maybe I'll have to keep posting to keep my mind and hands busy lol.

• BobbieB
      Quit 294 days ago
      2 months ago #

Keep posting MammaD, what were here for :)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    2 months ago #

Hi MammaD. I've been thinking about you. Deep Breathe, salt baths, nap. You have pneumonia. You need to heal from that, and you know smoking won't speed that along. Please post lots if you need to. Welcome back. I missed you.

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    2 months ago #

Thank you so much for the support. It's now day 3. The first two days were ok as I was so sick and had no desire to smoke. Today I am not as lucky :( The cravings are constant but I am determined not to cave this time. Getting miserable lol. I try to deep breathe but all I do is cough. Once I am feeling better, I should be able to do the 4 D's, but for now - just sleep which is also very nice :)

• Brian3
      2 months ago #

MammaD you got this, Use what worked before and make sure you keep planning ahead for the High Risks. Support is key, so keep in touch. Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    2 months ago #

I really want to quit. Was thinking of asking my doctor about champix. I just went back to school & my kids are in school full time so thought no time like the present!!! Kinda worried I won’t be able to do it. I know I can’t do it alone!!!

• BobbieB
      Quit 294 days ago
      2 months ago #

I love that saying “no time like the present” :) its what you want now -so give that to yourself. I quit with NRTs but i hear Champix can really help people!

• A
        Angkeller
        Thinking about quitting
        2 months ago #

I figured I’m going to be in school for 8 hrs a day & crazy busy afterwards so I won’t really have time to smoke.

• BobbieB
          Quit 294 days ago
          2 months ago #

No and the added stress from smoking too. I was actually in the middle of a course when i quit. Having the freedom really helped me focus on the course - rather than be distracted by the addiction. And actually- if you call the Alberta Quits line- you can talk to someone trained in smoking cessation. They are really helpful for developing a plan and methods too :)

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    2 months ago #

That’s really good to know bobbib. My kids are only 7 & 8 so I’d like too be around for them for a long time. Plus my boyfriend quit a few yrs ago & will support me in quitting. I have lots of ppl to support me in this decision.

• BobbieB
      Quit 294 days ago
      2 months ago #

Awesome :) good luck, you can do it!

• A
        Angkeller
        Thinking about quitting
        2 months ago #

Thank you BobbiB. It’s nice to have ppl that are/have gone through the same thing.

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,562 days ago
    2 months ago #

Welcome Angkeller. My computer is to slow to respond to this long line. I wonder if Brian could shorten the thread? Good advice BobbiB. The more supports you build in the better your chances. It is doable. There is lots of science that can help.

• Brian3
      2 months ago #

Hi MM, I will cut the thread down a bit.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• A
        Angkeller
        Thinking about quitting
        2 months ago #

Sorry I haven’t been around, I’ve been busy with school this week. I did do better this week, instead of smoking 1 pack a day, I smoked 1 pack in 2 days.

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    2 months ago #

That's excellent Angkeller. Keep focusing, and you will get there.

• A
      Angkeller
      Thinking about quitting
      2 months ago #

I’m trying too keep busy today so I don’t just sit & smoke.

• BobbieB
        Quit 294 days ago
        2 months ago #

You can start NRTs while u set ur date to quit. It helps inbetween (consult pharmacist/dr of course)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    2 months ago #

I agree BobbieB

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    2 months ago #

What are NRT’s??

• BobbieB
      Quit 294 days ago
      2 months ago #

Oh sorry!! Its Nicotine Replacement Therapy ie- the patch, gum, lozenge, mist etc. Lots of products out there its good to try out a few to see what works for you! Personally i used patch+lozenge. Other have success with champix, ziban etc also. (I guess some do cold turkey too lol).

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    2 months ago #

I’ll have to try some of them. I don’t see my dr till December so.

• Brian3
      2 months ago #

Welcome Angkelly and congratulations on the progress you are making so far. Your local pharmacist should be able to assist in making the right choices when it comes to using NRT and show you the correct way to use them. They are excellent resource as are the members of this group. :)

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• A
        Angkeller
        Thinking about quitting
        2 months ago #

I’ve done good today, only 12 smokes all day & 4 hours since I had my last one for today. All with my kids support & they’re only 7 & 8!!!!

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    2 months ago #

7 and 8 year olds are pretty smart. They are also counting on you to be successful. Sounds like you are focused. Keep it up.

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    2 months ago #

Hello everyone, I'm back again. I quit for the 2 weeks I was sick and as soon as I felt better, bingo, I was back at it for 2 days. Silly goose. I quit again on October 9th. This time I am doubling up on the NRT, the patch and either a lozenge or a gum if the craving is intense. So far, so good. I don't know if it is the doubling that is helping, but the cravings are a little intense when they come but the good news is they only come about 3 times a day. This time I have promised myself (which I hadn't before) that I will not light another cigarette. One day at a time but I am determined :)

• Brian3
      2 months ago #

Nice to see you continuing on your quit journey. Work with a pharmacist to get the proper amount of NRT. They are a great support. The pharmacist can review with you the proper way to use the gum and lozenge. (Tricky things) Remember to plan ahead for the cravings, you know this is the place to come to for extra support.

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    2 months ago #

Thank you Brian. I think I have the NRT down and it is working. I still have major crave times about 3x a day but they don't last too long. All in all, this quit is going easier than any of the previous times.

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    2 months ago #

Day 5 yay! The last 4 days have been fairly good. Took the ashtray out of my car today and boy does it stink. Funny how I never smelled it when I was smoking. Sitting here watching the snow fall and am so happy I don't have to go out there to smoke :) I am so happy for this site and all of the wonderful people on it! I cannot thank all of you enough for the support you have given.

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    2 months ago #

It is our pleasure MammaD

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    2 months ago #

I’ve only had 11 smokes today!!!! Next week I’m down too 10/day. Gradually cutting down

• BobbieB
      Quit 294 days ago
      2 months ago #

Thats awesome!!

• Brian3
      1 month ago #

Great progress. Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    2 months ago #

Thank you BobbieB

• Karinbast
    Quit 63 days ago
    2 months ago #

Keep at it Angkeller, one day I’m sure you’ll surprise yourself. I know I surprised myself last Sunday when I just said enough is enough. It’s been a pretty good week considering, but despite the cravings the one thing that has been constant is how free I feel. As many on this forum say, on the Freedom Road! That part really feels good. Keep on keeping on!

• Brian3
      1 month ago #

Welcome to the Community Karinbast. So glad you have made the decision to begin your Quit Journey. Congratulations on the progress you have made.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    1 month ago #

I’m hoping so karinbast

• S
    Shouldbefine
    Quit 47 days ago
    1 month ago #

Yeah, also would like to quit, it's a great way to stay on top of your game. Was struggling and them find out about a vape product- works just fine.

• BobbieB
      Quit 294 days ago
      1 month ago #

Same here guys. Thats exactly what happened to me. Had been thinking about quitting for so so so long. Then one day i had enough. That was over 200 days ago now! I really wish for eveyone to feel great in their quit and grt thru the tough times because it is so worth it.

• Brian3
      1 month ago #

Welcome to the group Shouldbefine. Congrats on your decision to start your Quit Journey. As we don't endorse specific products, I have edited your post. Harm reduction is important so whatever works for you, better than smoking.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    1 month ago #

I’m down to 10 smokes a day!!!

• Brian3
      1 month ago #

Angkeller, nice to see you making steady progress. Keep working at it. Have you set a quit date? Something to work towards.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    1 month ago #

Not yet, we’re just working on me cutting down right now. I used to smoke a pack a day.

• Karinbast
    Quit 63 days ago
    1 month ago #

Angkeller if it’s possible look into a QuitCore class. It’s another great tool to have under your belt. You’re around like minded people & it offers a lot of knowledge & materials to help you. I’ve done it twice, first time I was already 3 months in not smoking and this time (I have one class to go), I went in a smoker & am finishing as an exsmoker. If it isn’t an option for you then keep on keeping on. You’re doing great by being here. Read & join other websites so you can be involved with others on this path. We can do it Angkeller, we’re not alone.

• cindy1965
      Quit 49 days ago
      1 month ago #

You are not alone here I have did the quit core class and I had five days smoke free and I slipped on friday but now I am back on track and haven't had a smoke in two days so you can go it angkeller

• Brian3
        1 month ago #

Way to go cindy1965, way to pick yourself up and keep moving forward. Congrats on making the decision to start your Quit Journey. Welcome to the community.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    1 month ago #

The quit core classes don’t work for me right now as I’m in school.

• o
    oocypeanut
    Quit 117 days ago
    1 month ago #

? for you all. Is it common to get headaches after quitting? It's been 77 days & I have been getting wicked headaches. I do take Champex on occasion if I'm having a hard time but that's it. The only change in my life has been that I quit smoking. Thanks all.

• Brian3
      1 month ago #

Welcome to the community oocypeanut and congratulations on the work you are doing in not smoking. Please consult with you Dr/pharmacist about your use of Champix as it is not designed to be used on occasion. It is a long lasting replacement and takes time to build up in the system. The headaches could be a result of this.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• G
      GalinaK
      Quit 67 days ago
      1 month ago #

I've been off smoking for the last 4 weeks. I think Chantex helped a lot. And you are right about the change in your life, every time I think about litting a cigarette I just take a deep breath which I can actually feel.

• W
    WalkerG
    Quit 39 days ago
    1 month ago #

Day 2 for me and it was great reading the posts. I was trying to think what helped me before. One thing that sticks out is saying NO. When the craving hits, stop and say this will pass. Will have to keep this one close to me. I read here someone saying what do you get out of smoking, nothing really. Mine is such a habit for sure. I would go to the garage to smoke, and I was just in and then out again, not smoking a full one. I need to do this for my health so reading what others go through works for me. I was on the patch for a few days but smoked while I was on it. I’m just that type of person that it’s all or nothing. Love all your posts. Thank you

• Brian3
    1 month ago #

WalkerG, planning ahead is key, think of some of the High Risks you have encountered in the past and come up with at least 3 plans to deal with it. Also who/what will provide you support to get you through it. Discuss with you Dr. or a pharmacist about the right amount of the patch to use. If you are smoking while on the patch it is an indicator that you may need a stronger one or that you need to combine the patch with gum or lozenge.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• W
      WalkerG
      Quit 39 days ago
      1 month ago #

Hi Brian, did not put the patch on, I feel if I do I will use as a crutch so will see how I do without it. Day from hell, was on the go all day, tired out now. Had to keep busy for sure. Urges were strong and fast today, but it does pass quickly just doesn’t seem that way at the time. Keep thinking how nice it will be that I won’t be smoking anymore, just told a friend of mine and she was shocked that I had started again, that’s when I knew I was addicted. Another day over and I’m still here, loads of swear words today for sure.

• Brian3
        1 month ago #

Good work WalkerG. Urges are like waves on the beach. They come, getting stronger, crest and break and are gone. You need to stay ahead of the urge, pretend to be an urge surfer riding it out. First thing is to let yourself know you are having an urge, sometimes works to say out loud, "I am having an urge and it will pass. You got this.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• m
    mikemcilveen
    Quit 61 days ago
    1 month ago #

hi I was just informed that bc residents get free nicotine patches is that the same in Alberta?

• Brian3
      1 month ago #

Hi Mikemcilveen. To be eligible to get a subsidy on NRT in Alberta you would have to attend QuitCore a FREE group support program that provides Albertans (18+) with the tools and skills they need to quit using tobacco for good. The program consists of six 90-minute sessions at various locations around the province. Additionally there are various Alberta Government medication plans that will cover the costs.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• M
    Mikecal2007
    Quit 30 days ago
    1 month ago #

Quitting Saturday. At the moment I get up feed the cats and go and have a smoke.

• Brian3
      1 month ago #

Hi Mikecal2007, fantastic to hear that you are getting ready to start your Quit Journey. Welcome to our community. Support is key in your efforts and you will find it hear. Our regulars have lots of experience so don't hesitate to reach out for their thoughts. Plan ahead for those urges and think of how you will deal with them.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    1 month ago #

I’m down to 10 smokes a day & I just started smoking outside after school today!!! One step closer to getting rid of them for good!!!

• Brian3
      1 month ago #

Way to go Angkeller, you are headed in the right direction. Have you planned a quit date? Working towards a goal often helps. What have you been doing different to reduce your smokes?

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• B
    Blbrb
    Quit 39 days ago
    1 month ago #

Hi, I'm on day 6 of my quitting journey. I broke down twice and had a cigarette. I feel like I'm an emotional wreck. Small things that I could cope with before seem insurmountable now. I feel like each hour not smoking is such a huge success. I'm really having a hard time concentrating as well. The positive side of things I seem to be tackling organizing areas of home and work as a coping mechanism. I have plans to start working out tonight because I started my journey Halloween eve! Chocolate leftovers found a new home on my butt! The struggle is so real and I'm not very confident in my ability to do this...but for today so far I haven't smoked.

• Brian3
      1 month ago #

Welcome to our Community Blbrb and Congrats on making the decision to start your quit journey. Don't despair over the slips, use them as a learning of what you need to do different. Make plans for the upcoming urges and what you will do different to cope. Use the support of the regulars here, lots of experience. Today you have not smoked, fantastic, each day builds on the next. You got this.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• N
      NikkiMontana
      Quit 7 days ago
      1 week ago #

Hi! Sound not bad. When I had my 6th day I could think only about smoking, nothing more was interesting. I felt that I want to come to smoking again. And I found electronic cigarettes buy online https://www.mygadget.us/ it's an example)) When I started to use ecig I didn't think about previously ways. It's good for me and maybe it can help you to be confident in your ability

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    1 month ago #

I’m aiming for nov 20th but have cut down drastically Brian. I used to smoke a whole pack a day, but now only about 10/day. I’m only taking 10 smokes when I leave the house in the morning, concentrating on my school work, started sitting on different spots on the couch (rather than my smoke spot) & started smoking outside & not in my car. It’s all helped me cut down.

• Brian3
      1 month ago #

That is fantastic Angkeller, those are really good alterations to your regular routine. Making little changes like that really do add up. Glad to hear you picked a date. Think of what you will need to have in place for the 20th.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    1 month ago #

Good Morning Blbrb. You are nearly through Hell Week. It should get somewhat easier from here. I have many suggestions for you, but let's start with this. Read through old posts from this site. Read Read Read. Knowledge is power. You are not alone. You can do this

• S
    Serialsmoker
    Quit 33 days ago
    3 weeks ago #

Day 9 for me. Weekend is here. That's always hard for me. I will keep my pledge. I will not smoke. N.O.P.E.

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    3 weeks ago #

You've already conquered the weekend last weekend. This one will be the same. Pick a room and organize it. The whole thing. It will keep you busy. Then pick another room. I did my kitchen this morning. Every cupboard. Every drawer. The fridge. Everything. LOL

• Brenda14
      Quit 46 days ago
      3 weeks ago #

Oh yes s.s. I have a hard time on weekends too! But only when I allow myself to feel down. I agree with Terry cleaning and organizing is a way to get through! Oh but this weekend will be sweet I am going to put up the Christmas tree and all the decorations! Earlier than normal but whatever lol it will be so pretty when I'm done and it should take all weekend to do! I already did meat pies last weekend! I will be the most ready for Christmas this year than I ever have been!!!! Enjoy your weekend s.s. This is a beautiful beginning for you even if it doesn't feel like it right now it truly is! Hang in there and keep on being strong!

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    3 weeks ago #

My quit day is Tuesday, I have cut down drastically but not looking forward too the first week of no smoking!!! I’m determined to succeed at this!!!

• Brenda14
      Quit 46 days ago
      3 weeks ago #

Congratulations on your quit day coming up Angkeller! I am looking forward to Tuesday with you! It may be tough for the first few days but definitely doable! I honestly don't remember ever feeling this good. I started smoking at 15, and continued for over 40 years. I thought a huge part of my constant fatigue was due to my age, but since I quit just over three weeks ago I can't believe the energy I have! I feel amazing ! I know you can do it too and looking forward to reading about your success!

• Brian3
      3 weeks ago #

Great to hear that you are making progress. Think of the last time that you made a quit attempt and start planning for ways to deal with those withdrawal symptoms. You will get through them. Great work.

Brina (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    3 weeks ago #

So happy you have a quit date AngKeller. Planning is a big plus in your quit. This is not an easy process, but you can do it. Use all you can to help keep you strong. Read everything about quitting. NRT'S if you need . Breathe Deep. Drink Water. Exercise. Sleep. Lots of support. Pledge with us each morning. Whatever it takes. You Can Do This. We are here to help.

• Brenda14
      Quit 46 days ago
      3 weeks ago #

Angkeller I also found it helpful during those first couple days coming here to read others success and struggles helped tremendously.

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    3 weeks ago #

I like that I have lots of support on here & in my life. My biggest cheerleaders are my kids. I’ve managed to cut down from a whole pack to about 10 a day. Just changed a few things & it’s all worked. Keeping busy helps too.

• BobbieB
      Quit 294 days ago
      3 weeks ago #

Awesome progress! Tuesday might seem scary but once its here itll plesently suprise you to be smoke free :)

• G
      GalinaK
      Quit 67 days ago
      3 weeks ago #

Hi Angkeller, From a pack of 25 to 10 is a progress. I am wondering if you get "helpmequit" aids like Chentix?

• M
    MammaD
    Quitting in 5 days
    3 weeks ago #

Hello everyone, I am back at what must be my 87th quit attempt since June. I worked in a very toxic environment, but now that I am finally free of that I think I may be successful. All you folks are very supportive which I greatly appreciate. Today is Quit Day #1. One day at a time.

• Brian3
      2 weeks ago #

MammaD, give yourself a pat on the back for sticking to the Quit Journey. Most people make multiple attempts before they are successful. Each attempt is a learning of what works and doesn't. Make a list for yourself. You are headed in the right direction.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• M
        MammaD
        Quitting in 5 days
        2 weeks ago #

Thank you Brian. I keep hoping with each attempt will be easier but that doesn't seem to be the case lol. I am determined this time!

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    3 weeks ago #

Congratulations on Day 1 MammaD, and welcome back

• M
      MammaD
      Quitting in 5 days
      2 weeks ago #

Thank you Terry - forgot to ask how did the 5k run go. Did you win the big prize :)

• Brenda14
    Quit 46 days ago
    3 weeks ago #

Congratulations on your decision to quit MommaD!!! We are here for you!!!

• M
      MammaD
      Quitting in 5 days
      2 weeks ago #

Thank you so much Brenda. Day 3 - has been a bit rough :)

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    3 weeks ago #

Galinak no nrts just pure will & support. Just changed a few little things that helped me cut down. Talk to your doctor about stuff like champix.

• c
    cathyk
    Quit 47 days ago
    2 weeks ago #

Im not sure how to ,what button to push to start a question . Or to introduce myself.

• Brian3
      2 weeks ago #

Cathyk welcome to our Community. As Terry said easy to start a thread of your own. Congratulations on starting your Quit Journey. Looks like you have a good start.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    2 weeks ago #

Go out of here and back to the posts. Click on new topic, which is at the very top, and talk away

• o
    oocypeanut
    Quit 117 days ago
    2 weeks ago #

98 days & counting!!! :D

• BobbieB
      Quit 294 days ago
      2 weeks ago #

Congrats!!!! :D

• Brian3
      2 weeks ago #

Oocypeanut, Fantastic and Congratulations on reaching your 100 Day Milestone.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• M
      MammaD
      Quitting in 5 days
      2 weeks ago #

Congratulations oocypeanut!

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    2 weeks ago #

Congratulations!!!

• R
    Raet
    Thinking about quitting
    1 week ago #

Hi & thank you for the message.... even though it took me 9 months to read. Am in the serious mode on quitting this dumb habit. Know I am going to have a lot of downs, and will be reaching out for support. Lots of life changes - all for the positive.

• BobbieB
      Quit 294 days ago
      1 week ago #

Good luck Raet! You can do it! I never thought i could quit! Now over 9 months!

• Brian3
      1 week ago #

Raet Congrats on starting your Quit Journey. Welcome back to the community. Loads of support here and really good ideas form those that have experienced some of the same things as you. Plan ahead for those High Risk situations.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    1 week ago #

We are all here for you Raet. You are not alone.

• A
    Angkeller
    Thinking about quitting
    4 days ago #

I slipped up a few times in the last 2 weeks. I’ve been stressed out a lot. But I’m going to continue to push through. It’s too cold to smoke outside so smokes are a few puffs instead of a whole smoke. Don’t smoke in my car anymore, I’m at school for a few hours a day which helps. I find it’s when I’m sitting at home in my “spot” doing nothing.

• Brian3
      7 hours ago #

Great progress Angkeller! It is really good that you know where one of your biggest High Risk is. What can you do differently when you are at home in your "spot"?

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    3 days ago #

Sounds like you're on the right track. It's not easy but it is doable, and you can do it. Make your plan, and educate yourself about smoking. See it for the poison that it is. Hang in there

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment