• Author
  • Topic
Terry1963
Quit 122 days ago

Thursday's Pledge

October 11, 2018
Report this post

Happy Thursday everyone. Up and moving early this morning. I would like to welcome our new quitters, and encourage them to post. Theres something to be said about saying " I will not smoke today, or any day " out loud. No smoking for me today, tomorrow, for always. I will extend my hand to anyone who would like to take it. Have a great day everyone.

Sign in to reply
  • Carolyn
    Quit 4,597 days ago
    4 days ago #

I got your hand Terry!

Good morning all Happy Thursday!!!

Busy one for me today. Into the office to work, out of a meeting and observation and then back to the office to work. Down to visit DH after work and home to give time and attention to Charlie dog. Smoking - big HELL NO to that one. Smoking gives us nothing so you need to kick that to the curb on your way to the Freedom Road. No matter what life brings say NO to smoking! Who will join me today in saying NO?????? Have a great day Cara D4593

2Y 10M Life saved

$68,895 Money saved

137,790 Unsmoked

• Keener
    Quit 1,327 days ago
    4 days ago #

Happy to see many more new "quitters" on the site. Might be that the message is getting through. As we've all noted before, the first part of the journey is tough but we've survived and are now feeling better every day. Congratulations to those who have made the decision to stop poisoning their bodies.

• tman55
    Quit 1,636 days ago
    4 days ago #

Greetings from Brigham City Utah. Hit snow, rain, sun, clouds yest but should be clear sailing today to Zion Park for some hikes and a look around. Smoking will not play a part in this day. Who else?

• BobbieB
    Quit 238 days ago
    4 days ago #

Awesome plans Tmann! Smoking no part of my day either! And good to see the new quitters!

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,506 days ago
    4 days ago #

Hey tmann. It looks like you have to be prepared to drive though some trouble to get to where you want to go. To are new quitters, put on your seatbelts, it will be a bumpy ride. I love my view from the top of quit hill. I pledge to stay away from tobacco. Healthier and wealthier. I hold out my hand.

• Karinbast
    Quit 8 days ago
    4 days ago #

Day 4 and feeling GREAT! Newbie round two thanks you all for the encouragement. YAY us!! But I am really feeling good today. The uncomfortableness of smoking is subsiding. My throat is starting to get back to normal, breathing better, cough almost gone. YES! "No blame, no shame, just gain."

• BobbieB
      Quit 238 days ago
      4 days ago #

*high five*! I hear ya, crazy how soon we start feeling better. I really live by N.O.P.E. now. Not One Puff Ever. Really helps getting thru the first bit but still helps to this day

• Karinbast
        Quit 8 days ago
        4 days ago #

I like N.O.P.E., I'm stealing it! :) Cravings suck, missing the habit sucks, but nothing sucks as bad as how I've been feeling these past months. Whatever, you monster! N.O.P.E, N.O.P.E., N.O.PE. Take that!

• S
    Sarah9
    Quit 5 days ago
    4 days ago #

Just wanted to post I made it through day 2! I am excited and proud I made it this far. Feeling kind of anxious still but I used the gum a couple of times today to help curve the cravings. Looking forward to Day 3. Thank you everyone I really find hope in the posts you share.

• BobbieB
      Quit 238 days ago
      3 days ago #

Good Work Sarah9! I bet your feeling better already! The first days are tough but just stick to your plan and itll be smooth sailin soon!!

• Karinbast
      Quit 8 days ago
      3 days ago #

We can do it Sarah!!! I use whatever NRT that gets me through the moment, I have them all. As Jamal (sp?) from Quit Core would say, "It's a smokersborg out there!".

Congrats on your 2nd day and keep on keeping on for today, smile :)

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment