• Author
  • Topic
R
Richard242
Quit 29 days ago

any good no smoking diet foods?

December 2, 2018
Report this post

I'm starving hungry but need food ideas. I have come up with shredded beets and carrot in a wholewheat pita..

Other news getting taste buds back - I never knew that chocolate was so salty!

Sign in to reply
  • tman55
    Quit 1,692 days ago
    1 week ago #

I have been having a fruit smoothie most mornings for brekkie. What ever fruit you have, handful of lettuce or spinach, yogurt, peanut butter, honey, cottage cheese. It sounds like crap but after its all blended together it tastes pretty good. My wife makes a cabbage soup that she found in a diet book. Delish. Doesn't food taste great again??

• BobbieB
    Quit 294 days ago
    1 week ago #

Ya i used the lozenge, even tho i felt it really helled me, i also found i was also using at as sorta a mindless treat /snack almost. Then i tried switching to veggies. Was probly better then the needs kinda faded away. But i remember that hunger in the first stages as well.

• BobbieB
      Quit 294 days ago
      1 week ago #

Helped*

• Brian3
    5 hours ago #

Welcome to the community Richard242 and congrats on starting your quit journey. Can't go wrong by following the Canada Food Guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/food-nutrition/canada-food-guide/food-guide-basics.html

Track what you eat and drink to see patterns that are healthy or not healthy. Keeping a food diary helps you identify areas for improving what you eat to help you get to your goals.

You don’t have to change your whole diet at once. It may help to set a series of small goals. Think of changes that are reachable, positive, under your control, and specific. For example, “Cut up veggies and fruit in the evenings so I can take them in my lunch the next day.”

Reward yourself when you reach each goal. It will give you something to look forward to. Avoid using food as a reward. Treat yourself with extra time spent with a friend, a hobby you’ve wanted to try, or an activity that gets you moving.

You are on your way, Brian (AlbertaQuits)

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment