• Author
  • Topic
m
m.m.
Quit 1,562 days ago

The Truth.

December 4, 2018
Report this post

The truth will set you free. But first it will piss you off. I heard this on a radio program this morning. That happened to me when I took the quit core class. I found myself angry at the teacher. I thought to myself ' must be nice to have a government job and get paid so much....' Crazy. I was just externalising my tension. Then I gave my head a shake. The teacher was a respiratory therapist and I can not imagine a job more scary then that. Looking into the eyes of people who can not breath. I hope she gets paid a lot of money. So on this journey if you find yourself angry, take a good look at it. Truth might be behind that door.

Sign in to reply
  • BobbieB
    Quit 294 days ago
    5 days ago #

I remember that too m.m. I felt angry randomly in the first 3 months. Deep breahing helped and just cutting off some people in my life lol. Temporarily of course but i think quitting something you just gotta put yourself first for a little.

• Tess
    Quit 435 days ago
    5 days ago #

So true that often the hard truths in life are REALLY hard to acknowledge & you do get pissed off at your illusions being blown to smithereens! I continue the learning process in this quit though the real shockers were in the beginning when I didn't think I was really addicted. Seriously!

• Carolyn
    Quit 4,653 days ago
    5 days ago #

Very true!

• BobbieB
    Quit 294 days ago
    5 days ago #

Tess i agree. Still working thru this all. I remembered this am after i was feeling pretty angry at the start i started taking a multi vitamin and also magnesium... seemed to help not sure if that was just in my mind or what but.. still try to take them

• Tess
    Quit 435 days ago
    5 days ago #

There is a whole lot of UN-doing in the quit process, so if you find something that supports you mentally, keep doing it!!

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment