• Author
  • Topic
m
m.m.
Quit 1,562 days ago

Belief.

December 5, 2018
Report this post

That same radio program talked about belief. It is our beliefs that shape reality. I know that my mother thought it was almost impossible to quit smoking. ' Fewer then ten percent succeed in quitting' The tobacco corps made sure that lie got out there. When my brother quit he quit because he believed he could not afford it. I quit because I believed my heart and my lungs could no longer afford it. It took proving it to myself step by step that I could do it. Really look at the evidence of smoking and you won't do it. Actively giving myself every thing I believed that cigarette did is an important part of this. I deserve something. I enjoy lots. Social occasions are better. Rewards are more affordable. I am more relaxed. Pain killers come in the form of hugs and music and reading and radio programs. Walking in the country. Birds and beauty. My beliefs shape my reality. I believe that there are predators out there that will sell me drugs that hurt. I bought it. I believed I could get away with it. I believe now that quitting is doable.

Sign in to reply
  • Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    5 days ago #

I too thought it was impossible. It was my biggest battle for 39 years. I learned that it was possible. That it is possible to stop poisoning your body. Everything looks brighter without the smoke in my eyes. Most importantly I may have a brighter future because of this, my final quit.

• tman55
    Quit 1,692 days ago
    4 days ago #

I feel that if for some reason I ever started again I wouldn't ever be able to muster up the strength and conviction to quit again. This is the one.

• Carolyn
    Quit 4,653 days ago
    4 days ago #

I am with tman on that one. It took me so long to get this quit going. Upside is - I never have to do this again!

• Terry1963
    Quit 178 days ago
    4 days ago #

Aren't we awesome?

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment