• Author
  • Topic
tman55
Quit 1,793 days ago

Sundays pledge....

January 6, 2019
Report this post

Up early for whatever reason so will kickstart my day with a monster HELL NO to smoking today. Shingle repairs done yesterday and at a reasonable rate I thought. Wife trying to get house in order after Aussie invasion and I'm working on the garage and Xmas lights. The gang left me some legal weed. I'm thinking of having a puff. Would that be a relapse?? I smoked it a fair bit in my younger days. Anyways hope I find some quitters here today to help me enjoy a cig free day!!

Sign in to reply
  • Carolyn
    Quit 4,754 days ago
    2 months ago #

I could never puff it tman - I would relapse from that - but that is me not you.

Good morning all Happy Sunday!!!!

Up and moving for the day today. Some cleaning to do at home before I head off to visit DH. His surgeon stopped by and told him that the doctor who did the surgery was pleased with how it went. Today they are going to change the dressing and maybe we will know more then. I know I am going to keep my feet moving on the Freedom Road and I will not be smoking no matter what. Smoking causes smoking and it gives me nothing but stress, illness and death. I have a big conference we are hosting tomorrow so I will not be in, but know I wont be smoking today or tomorrow. My hand is offered to??????? Have a super Sunday Cara D4680

2Y 11M Life saved

$70,200 Money saved

140,400 Unsmoked

• BobbieB
    Quit 395 days ago
    2 months ago #

No smoking for me!! Trying ti get back in order for back to work tomorrow myself. I have heard that weed goes to a different part of the brain or does something else to the brain than cigarettes. But im not sure for me a big part was just the inhalation aspect.. which is why vaping is so iffy right.. but i dont know! Your call i think!

• Keener
    Quit 1,484 days ago
    2 months ago #

In my opinion, smoking is smoking, tman, no matter what the product. Daughter and son-in-law back from their cruise and our grandson stayed up until midnight just to welcome them home! Expect all are still sleeping! Kinda quiet around here so I think I'll head to the carwash then come back to watch some football and maybe take a nap!

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,663 days ago
    2 months ago #

We had a consult with a pharmacist to help manage his pain and his concern was the smoking of whatever substance. My dentist said he can tell the difference between the damage done by cigarettes, pot or meth. All smoked over your teeth and gums before they hit your lungs. He smokes both so as his financial advisor told him he is a pension managers dream. I have known a few people who came up with the plan to replace one with the other. Not the best strategy. I also know people who quit so they could afford their other addictions. It shows that it is a choice. So I chose healthier and wealthier and no to smoking tobacco and I might try edibles. I hold out my hand.

• eupnea
    Quit 14 days ago
    2 months ago #

Eat it if you must?

• tman55
      Quit 1,793 days ago
      2 months ago #

Thx for everybody's intake on the weed issue. I'll probably fire one up at some stage but not til the summer time when I can sit on the deck with some good tunes and the sun shining.

• Brian3
    2 months ago #

Good Morning Tman, I echo others opinions that smoking anything at this point is putting the success that you have had with smoking cigarettes at risk. Whatever the substance by inhaling it into the lungs you are still getting the toxins along with it. As pointed out you are also reinforcing the old routines that go along with it. Of course the choice is up to you, but I would say don't risk it.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• tman55
      Quit 1,793 days ago
      2 months ago #

Thx Brian. I’ll weigh the risks!

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment