• Author
  • Topic
eupnea
Quit 100 days ago

Motivation Monday (pledges)

January 7, 2019
Report this post

After 7 days quit now, I have started to imagine myself smoke-free for life. I also have been less dependent on the vape. Today I can face any grip of agitation or crying spells knowing it will pass. Today if something upsets me, I know I can walk away, deep breathe, rant out loud, use my vape, grab my veggies and dip, chew on a cinnamon stick or piece of gum, chug some cold lemon water, or head out the door, crank out some awesome tunes and groove it out on the walking track instead of grab a smoke that will actually do nothing to really solve the problem. My motivation is being in control, and today I refuse to smoke.

Sign in to reply
  • Brian3
    5 months ago #

Great to hear it Eupnea, love the options you are giving yourself.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• tman55
    Quit 1,879 days ago
    5 months ago #

You are in a great head space! Keep this motivation every day. I pledge to stay cig free today. I was a fool for decades. Thought I was cool, thought it solved problems, thought it helped me think. What a load of crap!! The news I got of three friends with the Big C over the holidays just makes me stronger. I hope I stopped in time.

• eupnea
      Quit 100 days ago
      5 months ago #

Thought I was cool, thought it solved problems, thought it helped me think. Yes what a load of crap.

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,749 days ago
    5 months ago #

Yes! Action creates motivation. Stepping in the right direction. Happy to join you in our pledge to stay free. Smoking no longer the boss of me. I hold out my hand and hope our chain grows. It is doable and worth it. One week in without coffee and I have not dropped a pound. But the good news is that I no longer wake up craving something sweet. Healthier is the payoff because sickness sucks! Wealthier helps. So fight. Get on it. Show up early like eupnea. Great attitude.

• BobbieB
    Quit 481 days ago
    5 months ago #

Awesome work Eupnea! Four D’s are great. Distract, Delay, Drink Water, Deep Breathe. I lived by them at first :) i still deep breathe cuz i love it lol. 7 days in tho wow! Congrats! Gets easier and easier!

• Keener
    Quit 1,570 days ago
    5 months ago #

NO to smoking!

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment