• Author
  • Topic
m
m.m.
Quit 1,604 days ago

Hard Work.

January 9, 2019
Report this post

What does hard work look like to you? That was one of the question that my daughter was asked in her interview. I have my fingers crossed for her that she gets this job. Times are tough. Quitting is hard but it is not impossible. I can tell you that the easiest thing in the world to do is to slip right back into it. There is a smoke and a lighter thirty feet away from me. My taste buds and nose might be offended but my brain cells would lite up like the fourth of July. This took me forty years. This took me at least ten tries where I spent money on it. $1000.00 dollars once. Pills, patches and hypnotherapist. I went around on that cycle of addiction more times then I care to count. The mental, emotional and physical attachments took time and practice to undo. It did not happen over night. Some how I do not think that would impress a potential employer but it did impress me!

Sign in to reply
  • Tess
    Quit 477 days ago
    1 week ago #

Perserverance is to be applauded - ALWAYS!! Falling down 7 times and getting up 8 is success :)

• tman55
    Quit 1,734 days ago
    1 week ago #

Well said Tess!! We all got knocked down trying to quit this shit but we kept answering the bell til we got the KO.

• Carolyn
    Quit 4,695 days ago
    1 week ago #

Totally agree Hope your DD gets the job m.m!

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment