• Author
  • Topic
Carolyn
Quit 4,722 days ago

If you are on Day 2 and shaky

February 7, 2019
Report this post

An excellent repost. Make sure you take smoking off the table as an option in your life. KTQ Cara D4712

Repost: If you are on Day 2 and shaky From leejay on 1/2/2011 10:11:26 AM Don't give up!! I remember how hard it was for me to quit smoking. I tried and tried and tried. I failed every single time. As soon as it became too hard, I threw in the towel and went back to smoking. I didn't believe I had the 'strength' or 'willpower' to quit. I felt I wasn't able to do it.

That was bullsh*t. I just wanted it to be easy. When it wasn't, I stopped trying. Then I came here and learned about quitting. I read the posts others wrote every day. If I liked what they said, I would click on their underlined username and that would take me to their profile page. When I read their profile, I discovered they were just like me. Afraid of quitting, wondering if they could survive without smoking. But again and again I read how they did quit, using this website and the support here.

There is no magic bullet. And NO ONE here is any more addicted than you are. We are all addicts, even if we don't want to admit it. If you could smoke just one cigarette, you wouldn't need to be here.

You have all the power to quit. It's really very simple. Not easy, but simple. Simply do not put another cigarette in your mouth and inhale. Do whatever you must for as long as you must to remain smokefree. Just one will ruin your quit. Just one will awaken the junkie in you. Once you stop smoking, don't have another one. No matter what.

Remember, this is ALL up to you. No one can do it for you and no one can cause you to smoke. You are the only one who can make that choice. Choose wisely and never smoke again.

Reach out for help here if you need it. Not every suggestion will work for you. Find what does work, discard what doesn't and quit smoking!! It is the best thing you can do for yourself. You CAN do this!!

Earlier I said I failed every single time I quit because I smoked just one. The only time I succeeded was my final quit. I quit smoking on July 15, 2000 and have not had a single puff since. I don't miss it and don't want it. It's the best freedom I've ever known. You can know it too. Get free from your addiction to nicotine.

Leejay current stats: 4291 days, 15 hours, 41 minutes and 5 seconds smoke free. 214583 cigarettes not smoked. $32,182.50 and 54 months, 19 days, 4 hours of my life saved! My quit date: 7/15/2000

Sign in to reply
  • Tess
    Quit 504 days ago
    1 week ago #

There is no "magic bullet" for anything worth doing, anything valuable. As nice as it would be if there was, we would not learn nearly so much in the process. Time is our friend more than we realize, so "easy" would not be best if you think about it!

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,631 days ago
    1 week ago #

I really like the CAN part. Tess your words have been valuable in my journey. Thanks.

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment