• Author
  • Topic
Brian3

Welcome to the Community

February 28, 2019
Report this post

Thinking of Quitting? Recently Quit? Quit for some time.

Wherever you are along the journey of quitting your use of tobacco, you will find support here.

My name is Brian and I am your moderator. Along with our regular members, I am here to provide additional assistance and support. Please follow our simple guidelines to ensure a positive experience for all our participants.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

Sign in to reply
  • M
    MammaD
    Quit 100 days ago
    2 weeks ago #

Clean slate! Thank you Brian :)

• M
    MammaD
    Quit 100 days ago
    1 week ago #

Good morning! I'm looking for some help please. I am coming up for my 3 month mark and for the past week I have really been struggling and am struggling as I write. I've read 3 months is a tough spot to pass, has anyone experienced this. I just switched to the lowest level of patch and am using a 2 mg lozenge. Should I go back to a higher NRT dose? I don't want to stretch out the NRT usage any longer than necessary. Thank you so much!

• Brian3
      1 week ago #

MammaD the best people to help you figure out the proper dosage of the Patch plus lozenge is your pharmacist or physician. It sounds to me like your body is getting used to the lower dosage of the patch. For those break-out cravings perhaps you need another lozenge. I will leave it up to the group who has more experience using these products than I do.

Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• Terry1963
    Quit 279 days ago
    1 week ago #

Hi MammaD. 3 days. 3 weeks. 3 months. I'm not sure if it's mind association or not, but they all got me. Once I reached 3 months I dreaded it because it was a whole month. I craved a lot, and then it was gone. I'm looking at your numbers. 87 days. In about 3 days that 3rd month is complete. If the numbers are correct hang in there for 3 more days. If not practice all your rules that have helped with your cravings thus far, and I think you are perfectly fine to pop an x lozenge here and there. Hope this helps ya. You can do it! Look at it this way. It's a long time before year three LOL. Let's get there so we can see if the whole year is full of strong cravings. OMG I hope not

• M
      MammaD
      Quit 100 days ago
      1 week ago #

Thanks Terry, it's funny how when a person is going through the throws of awful cravings that they can forget what they used to get this far into their quit. I started the deep breathing again as this what worked for me in the past. It has started to taper off a bit, but what a rough week the last one was. I was really wondering if I would cave. My fingers are crossed that once I reach the 3 month threshold the worst will be over? Forward march! lol

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,663 days ago
    1 week ago #

Great that you posted. I wrote a response on the Hey MommaD, how's it going.

• D
    Darla Jo
    Quit 3 days ago
    2 days ago #

Hi, I am a new "quitter"and to this site. I had my first puff when I was eight. The only time I really stopped is when I was pregnant (three times). I am now 58, I cannot believe that it has been so many years. I am more determined than ever to do this. My partner still smokes, so a bit tougher, I hope he will join me.

• Brian3
      1 day ago #

Welcome to the Community Darla Jo and congratulations on making the decision to start your Quit Journey. Consider going on some Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) like patch, gum or lozenge to assist you through the withdrawal and deal with those urges/cravings. Work with a pharmacist or your family doctor so that you go on the proper dosage. Plan ahead for the urges/cravings and lean on this group for support. One day at a time. Brian (AlbertaQuits)

• m
    m.m.
    Quit 1,663 days ago
    2 days ago #

Hello Darla Jo and welcome! That is the same as me except I only had one baby. It is all about the science. You are about to make major changes to your brain chemistry and it will be bumpy for a while. My honey still smokes in the house so I read you on the challenges that causes. The visual trigger was something I had to face head on. Read and post and do your research. The better you know the enemy the better prepared you can be. There are many attachments to that cigarette that have to be broken. I quit for 'good' reasons but I stay quit because I am so ahead of the game now I stay for the benefits. Challenging? Yes. Worth it, you bet!

• Terry1963
    Quit 279 days ago
    1 day ago #

Darla Jo. My granddaughter is 8. I cannot imagine seeing her with a smoke hanging out of her mouth.I'm sorry you smoked so young. It's actually really sad. Congratulations on making it through Day 1. I think Day 1 is the most important. Time to give your body a break. Lots of repairs to do so be patient, and before you know it you will be celebrating your milestones. It's a wonderful life over here on Freedom Road.

Sign in to reply

Sign in now to add your comment